Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

It took me a little while to get used to the game, but now i have its gotten easier. cant wait to play through the ashes properly... should be good lol

nooo bloody spinners are so hard to play, north comes on with 2 overs left for the morning session and gets bopara. 114/4 from 28, fairly realistic score id say

haha ye exact same thing happens to me except its not north bowling its a different spinner. I just cant play them the only way i can kind of play them is by advancing down the wicket to them and either defend or attack and after a while when your batsmens confidence gets up enough you dont have to leave your crease as much

Ouch. Johnson picks up his first. Strauss gone for 19 from 46. Just beaten by a straight one, been playing him late all over and finally played one significantly too late to get beaten by it. This is not going well, I'm 44/3 off 13 overs.

Ouch. Johnson picks up his first. Strauss gone for 19 from 46. Just beaten by a straight one, been playing him late all over and finally played one significantly too late to get beaten by it. This is not going well, I'm 44/3 off 13 overs.

Dont worry mate i got bowled out for 109 :eek:

come on guys post some screen shots those who have got the pc version ! :)

Just when a partnership is taking it away from you... the spinner picks up the outside edge and the keeper pouches it!!

Quality!

If anyone having the PC version of the game can post the file structures and file extensions of the game it will be really appreciated.

I'll be getting my copy on 9th August 2009.

how r u so sure about getting your copy on 9 august?????????

Has anyone got the PC version yet? If so, where did you get it from? My play.com order is still at 'preordered', which means it won't get sent out until tomorrow at least. Which in turn means I probably won't actually get it until Monday - one day before the end of the flipping fourth Test!

Do pitches/outfields vary at a specific ground, or is always damp at Lords, for example? That would be a huge fly in the ointment as far as I'm concerned - it's not always damp in England, that's just a stereotypical view.

I've started on the legends mode, and I'm stuck. :laugh

It tells me to bowl a conventional outswinger, and adjust the seam position anti clock wise to get full swing. I bowl the the outswing delivery but it says i bowled the wrong delivery type.

How do you adjust the seam position, am i i missing something?

I got mine from shopto.net....on the PC

first game, odi on hard eng (me against aus).
They won the toss and batted and got to 175/4 off 11 overs! in a 50 over game! crazy. Marsh got 100 off 43 balls inside 11 overs! Out of the 4 wickets 3 were run outs, one was the dodgy grounding of the bat, coming out of the crease and then spinning back but run out.

Disappointed really. 170 odd in 11 overs isnt realistic. Maybe it was my bad bowling but they attempt to hit 9/10 balls for 4 or6. Haddins first 2 balls he hit for 6.

It's just not cricket i'd say. Will play again to see if its the same, if so then its looking pretty similar to BLIC 2005/07 etc

Ok it seems like the buttons are all messed up, there is no add extra seam/swing buttons on the joypad, even though it has as many buttons as a ps2 pad. Works fine on the keyboard. Ummmm.

I've started on the legends mode, and I'm stuck. :laugh

It tells me to bowl a conventional outswinger, and adjust the seam position anti clock wise to get full swing. I bowl the the outswing delivery but it says i bowled the wrong delivery type.

How do you adjust the seam position, am i i missing something?

You need to play with the RT LT swing direction keys on your PC

Users who are viewing this thread