Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

The ai seems quite intelligent by I set fields and it scores in the gaps. When I bring the spinner on they tend to attack a bit more

177/5 after 33 overs
Pietersen gone for 99! danced down the wicket to Botha missed the ball and Boucher done the rest.

Collingwood gone first ball played onto his stumps from Steyn

Iv got to say this paragraph and the match you are playing is getting me very very excited!!

Sounds like the game situation is spot on!!

Building the excitement to grab the important wickets!!

Cheers for the update mate enjoying??!:)

The fact he had to wait a while for the 4th wicket but then the 5th followed straight after is awsome!!

jazz are you playing on ps3 ? if so how does the game look in graphics terms, any slowdowns ?

jazz once u r done with this match please test this thing
that whether guys like sehwag and afridi are weak against short balls or no
and does a grafter like dravid is able to hit sixes as a ross taylor or andrew symonds would do

do you have to do the stumping yourself or is it automatic?

Its auto

Yep so far Im really enjoying bowling but in the other hand if I took all my catches and the run out chances where direct hits. England could be 7-8 down. So I feel after a while when everyone gets used to the game catching and direct throws it will be more easier and sides could easily be 6-7 down

jazz once u r done with this match please test this thing
that whether guys like sehwag and afridi are weak against short balls or no
and does a grafter like dravid is able to hit sixes as a ross taylor or andrew symonds would do

Ill probably check that out later now after I complete the England innings Im going out for a bit.

Thanks for the continuous updates! From the looks of things, it seems that the two big issues are: AI run-outs, which seem fewer than in the demo, but still not completely eradicated; and the lack of situational awareness -- i.e., if the AI loses a wicket, the new batsman coming in may start hitting immediately and get himself out. I wonder if changing the stats/attributes of players can help both issues -- reducing aggression or something? btw, what player stats can you change in the customization options?

Anyway, it's funny that though designing the AI for a cricket game can be really v challenging due to the complexity of the sport, getting running between the wickets correct should, in theory, be the least of the problems -- doesn't the AI have all the information there (through the game engine and the physics model) to compute when to run and theoretically *never* get run out?

How hard are the catches especially keeper and slip

Thanks for the continuous updates! From the looks of things, it seems that the two big issues are: AI run-outs, which seem fewer than in the demo, but still not completely eradicated; and the lack of situational awareness -- i.e., if the AI loses a wicket, the new batsman coming in may start hitting immediately and get himself out. I wonder if changing the stats/attributes of players can help both issues -- reducing aggression or something? btw, what player stats can you change in the customization options?

Anyway, it's funny that though designing the AI for a cricket game can be really v challenging due to the complexity of the sport, getting running between the wickets correct should, in theory, be the least of the problems -- doesn't the AI have all the information there (through the game engine and the physics model) to compute when to run and theoretically *never* get run out?

Im not sure what you can edit. I will check that out once ive finished my current game.

another most important thing for me atleast are the edges off fast bowlers.
Do they reach the slip cordon or the keeper? or do they just just die as in the demo?
Since if they dont carry, it'll become a very dissappointing bowling aspect in the game.

I think we all need to take the time to just thank these guys for making a great build up for us.
I know i still have to wait a couple of days but cannot wait to get Cook caught behind off Siddle in a test match

doesn't the AI have all the information there (through the game engine and the physics model) to compute when to run and theoretically *never* get run out?
Which is the issue, it is very difficult to deliberately create mistakes in AI and have it occur correctly. A computer is designed to calculate and get the answer right. It is the basic problem with computer based random number generators. So as we've seen time and time again, cricket games (and many others) have tried to introduce a real life thing like misjudgements in run outs but got the balance wrong and something that was supposed to happen once in a bunch of games happens frequently.

I think a few runouts are fine. I had this awesome moment in the demo where both batsmen ended up at the same end. Felt realistic. Also the runouts with direct hits are done well. It's just the one where they call for the second that was never there, but it doesn't seem like any wickets have fallen that way, which is good.

And the ODI sounds great. Bowling is tough, but as long as it isn't impossible it's brilliant. Now it's the batting in ODIs that concern me...

I think we all need to take the time to just thank these guys for making a great build up for us.

absolutely ! thanks to these guys for giving us a good picture of the full version game.

When i was reading ( May have been Jazz's post) about Pietersen going out on 99 i actually got excited haha!

Users who are viewing this thread