Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

this sounds awesome
best way to improve the atmosphere is to go to the sound options, and turn up the crowd MAX, tweak the game sound fx and turn down the commentary and menu music.....now turn up the master volume, so that the adjusted menu music is good, and when u enter a match, the crowd is now extra loud.........the idea is to widen the gap in volumes between the crowd and everything else with the game....its a must with all sports games!!

What about the thwack of leather on willow - has that been improved? Also, do the crowd react appropriately to wickets/boundaries and does home/away reaction come into it?

And if not, can we fix them ourselves in the editor?

They look good on the clock, how do they look on the screen? Does it feel like the bowling is physically faster and do the bouncers have some venom in them now?

Well that was the ai bowling to me that's when I saw those speeds when I was bowling I didn't get those speeds.

Bowling does seem fast not loopy as previous versions. Depends how fast the bowler is if its gentle pace and you bowl short its almost saying please hit me

Well that was the ai bowling to me that's when I saw those speeds when I was bowling I didn't get those speeds.

Bowling does seem fast not loopy as previous versions. Depends how fast the bowler is if its gentle pace and you bowl short its almost saying please hit me

So the bouncers are still crap then.

Looks like you've still got work to do, come back there, Transmission! You can't go home just yet...

Interesting.... almost makes it sound like the bowlers only get revved up when full pumped or when you bowl is perfect places??!

If the comp can do it... suuuuuurely we will be able to lol!

Is the Kasabian "club foot" track on the game ?

Are there different menu musics for different countries selected?

How's it like in 20/20 games after we hit boundaries and stuff ?

Are the red spots on bat (stroke marks) random or fixed for every bat ? do they appear with time as much as you play on the wicket?

Does the pitch degrades offering more spin after the match has progressed after an innings or days ?

Can you shine the ball ? I read this somewhere I think its there.

Are there any pending animations on the scoreboard after someone is given out/notout in an ODI match (3rd umpire decisions) ?

What about free hit rule in 20/20 ? Is it there ?

What about the customize option in the menu ? Can we buy kits and stuff over there ?

A lot of questions mate . Well take your time and thanks for posting about the game:happy:hpraise:hpraise:)

So the bouncers are still crap then

Mate he said if its gentle pace and you bowl short then it gets dispatched! MUST be a way of getting jimmy and Broads pace up!!! it seems like a reli reli odd thing to have missed!!

Would be an easy patch though!

wealey88 added 1 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Are the red spots on bat (stroke marks) random or fixed for every bat ? do they appear with time as much as you play on the wicket?

Next your be wanting the exact socks Freddy Wears and rust on the Sight Screens!!:rtfl

Interesting.... almost makes it sound like the bowlers only get revved up when full pumped or when you bowl is perfect places??! If the comp can do it... suuuuuurely we will be able to lol!
You probably can get the same pace as the ai if you time the bowling spot on. Remember this was my first match so I still got lot of areas to improve on
So the bouncers are still crap then. Looks like you've still got work to do, come back there, Transmission! You can't go home just yet...
Nope bouncers aint that bad. I managed to get shah out with a top edge to keeper
Is the Kasabian "club foot" track on the game ? Are there different menu musics for different countries selected? How's it like in 20/20 games after we hit boundaries and stuff ? Are the red spots on bat (stroke marks) random or fixed for every bat ? do they appear with time as much as you play on the wicket? Does the pitch degrades offering more spin after the match has progressed after an innings or days ? Can you shine the ball ? I read this somewhere I think its there. Are there any pending animations on the scoreboard after someone is given out/notout in an ODI match (3rd umpire decisions) ? What about free hit rule in 20/20 ? Is it there ? What about the customize option in the menu ? Can we buy kits and stuff over there ? A lot of questions mate . Well take your time and thanks for posting about the game:happy:hpraise:hpraise:)
Mate all those questions are not to do with gameplay Im only currently focused with the gameply at the moment. What I can say the pitch does downgrade and you get foot marks appearing

Thanks for a lot for all the work

When you get a time, try and update me on trophies

Canceled my order with game uk and went to shopto.net have been informed will be sent out tomorrow.

screenies of some scorecards would be good.

would love to know what the a.i pacing for a test and odi is like and if they lose wickets easily.

That made great ready Jazz, thanks for the constant updates, really looking forward to getting my grubby mitts on a copy now, you have certainly wetted the apetitie that litle bit more.

Quick ShopTo question from a PC illiterate cricket fan! :D

I've pre ordered the game, and then got an e-mail immediatly saying pre order confirmation. What's the next step in the chain? Oh thanks for any advice you give me guys, and I think the game is looking good. Bring it on!

You probably can get the same pace as the ai if you time the bowling spot on. Remember this was my first match so I still got lot of areas to improve on

Nope bouncers aint that bad. I managed to get shah out with a top edge to keeper

Mate all those questions are not to do with gameplay Im only currently focused with the gameply at the moment. What I can say the pitch does downgrade and you get foot marks appearing

Good - more attention to detail into this game from Transmission.

Just clear four things up for me mate and then I (at least) will leave you alone to have fun (I've got some unfinished business with the Boxer guy in Streetfighter IV - his name escapes me right now.):

1. Do the edges fly to slip properly; did that top edge of yours go right up in the air?

2. Does it feel more like you're facing fast bowling now?

3. I can live with two runouts per innings - have you ever noticed more than that?

4. What's online like: any technical issues?

It sounds to me that it's a great game in singleplayer, albeit in need of a patch, but that in multiplayer, it'll be absolutely amazing, since none of the AI issues will affect that. :)

Thanks again and have fun!

Mine should be here Friday (PC version). If anyone gets PC version before then, post a few thoughts.

MasterBlaster76 added 1 Minutes and 42 Seconds later...

Quick ShopTo question from a PC illiterate cricket fan! :D

I've pre ordered the game, and then got an e-mail immediatly saying pre order confirmation. What's the next step in the chain? Oh thanks for any advice you give me guys, and I think the game is looking good. Bring it on!

Don't know about Shopto, but with play.com, it usually goes:

1. Order taken (preordered, in this case)
2. Packing.
3. Dispatched.

(as long as there are no problems)

So, I'd imagine that 'packing' would be next, if Shopto does things the same way. :)

jazz
how is the free hit rule?
does the AI try to get a 6 from it?
and is Luke Wright in the game?
and how are the other team's kits, like sri lanka, pakistan,india,new zealand ect?

Users who are viewing this thread