Review Retail Version Impressions Thread

Oh the run out bug ended Afridi's crazy knock Pakistan 200/8 in 23.5 over Afridi 63(32) 3 Sixes and 9 fours

OMG La La (Shahid Afridi) is palying a Super Knock i wish i can see his batting lol

I trying to work out where u lot are bowling to get smashes around so badly!!

AI Batting against me... 105-1 off 22 5 an over!

Ok after 10 overs i have noticed the cpu bowling a few too many no balls.

Most overs they change field placings and come at you with a different form of attack.

Here are some screenshots from 10 overs in. Am doing well with strauss timed a cover drive and a drive through mid wicket. Haven't been able to time it as well with cook yet.

This is on hard btw, if your patient batting does not seem to be that hard. Keep your batsmen's confidence up, and only play shots to bad balls if the bowler has confidence.

Attachments

• Cricket2009 2009-08-06 14-39-10-18.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-06 14-39-10-18.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-06 14-39-13-33.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-06 14-39-13-33.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Cricket2009 2009-08-06 14-39-21-47.jpg
    Cricket2009 2009-08-06 14-39-21-47.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 53
Wow I got 5 wickets and a 100 in a same game. Thats amazing already unlocked 40 Achievements point. Pakistan all out for 214 chasing India's 276 and I was playing this on Hard mode.

I think they would have given me a run for the money had it not been for the 3 untimely run outs I couldn't see me getting Afridi out and with the pace he was batting It was breath taking I tried everything but failed.

Great game love it the only problem the run outs

there were 3 in total. Harbhajan took 5 wickets one by Yuvraj and 1 by Irfan.

Raina got 110(68) balls Harbhajan although took 5 wickets but went for 89 runs in 8.3 overs.
So my Man of the Match Raina !:banana2

Right just played my first innings of the Ashes as England and things went terribly.

Here's the scorecard -

Strauss - c Katich B Siddle 11 (25)
Cook - B Johnson 18 (70)
Bopara - c Hughes B Johnson 2 (12)
Pietersen - c Clarke B Watson 22 (22)
Collingwood - Run Out (Watson) 14 (19)
Prior - c Hughes B Lee 3 (7)
Flintoff - B Lee 0 (6)
Broad - Run Out (Watson) 5 (6)
Swann - c Katich B Siddle 2 (10)
Anderson - c Katich B Johnson 5 (8)
Panesar - not out 0 (2)

102 all out, 27.5 overs

My problem with the game so far is the bowling speeds and the fact that I get caught every time there's a half volley.

Bowling speeds -

Lee 101 mph
Siddle 99 mph
Johnson 98 mph
Watson 72 mph

Oh and 17 no balls were bowled :eek:

Sod it: shopto are now saying 'preorder' as well, whereas before they were saying 'in stock'. Which of you snapped up the last few copies?? :p Might as well keep the play.com order then, unless it changes before 5:30pm today.

Here's a shot of the graphics options from the screenshots thread, for those of you who want it. Not fussed myself:

cricket2009200908061409.jpg

Sod it: shopto are now saying 'preorder' as well, whereas before they were saying 'in stock'. Which of you snapped up the last few copies?? :p Might as well keep the play.com order then, unless it changes before 5:30pm today.

Here's a shot of the graphics options from the screenshots thread, for those of you who want it. Not fussed myself:

url]

Hey man go onto their site (you may have to register) and click live chat (top right corner) and ask a rep. They will tell you either way. When i got mine it still said pre-order, but there is a chance they will have sold out give the rush to order from this place. :p

Ok after 10 overs i have noticed the cpu bowling a few too many no balls.

Most overs they change field placings and come at you with a different form of attack.

Here are some screenshots from 10 overs in. Am doing well with strauss timed a cover drive and a drive through mid wicket. Haven't been able to time it as well with cook yet.

This is on hard btw, if your patient batting does not seem to be that hard. Keep your batsmen's confidence up, and only play shots to bad balls if the bowler has confidence.

35 from ten overs though, that's good AI pacing. Also, the bowler's economy rates are OK as well.

I'm batting, in case you didn't realise. ;)

Oh, ok. Still, it looks as though you can't try and hit every ball - there are some you should defend, otherwise you're likely to get out, yes?

By the way, shopto said I was, as I said, a few minutes too late and they won't be getting any in today, so maybe I should just stick with the play.com order, since they'll send that tomorrow.

Unless shopto still do next day delivery to arrive on Saturday as well. Forgot to ask them that. :doh:

is there some art to swing bowling because i can hardly see the ball swing its an overcast day with alot of wind but still nothing. Im pressing the outswing button and then L2 to get the ball to swing to its pottential but i cant really see any swing? oh and its on ps3

and another thing ive noticed if you ball shorter of where it says the best length is you will get more slip catches early on but you will go for a fair few runs

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread