RIP World Cup Super League 2020-23 (World Cup Qualifier Jun 16 - Jul 9)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
If Cricket has to survive for next 50 years internationally, ICC needs to scrap everything and start fresh.

ODI's - Only multi team tournaments when its not World Cup. Scrap Champions Trophy. Each team has to play other 15 teams once in 4 years through multi-team tournaments. (Top 16)
T20's - Can play bi-laterals and each team to play other 19 teams once every 3 years similar to ODI's but WC to be played every 3 years.
Tests - Current WTC format stays except have WTC finals be 3 match series.

Every 4 years an ODI world cup, Every 3 years a T20 WC and Every 2 years Test Championship Finals. ICC would have 1 year where no events take place.

Playing multi-team tournaments for ODI's would reduce the the number of matches a team plays. Also every team gets to play other team solving issues of Associates not playing Top teams.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
If Cricket has to survive for next 50 years internationally, ICC needs to scrap everything and start fresh.
Good take!

ODIs- let the bilaterals exist, but ensure they take place in emerging markets- China, Canada, Mexico, Morocco.

Scrap the CT and bring back the KO. That was really really interesting. And I like the point on multi team tournaments. Tri-series and Quads have all but disappeared these days.

T20- with the emergence of leagues, I am all for scrapping bilateral T20. World Cup every 3 years is a good option.

Tests- now here's where the survival of the format will be at stake. I still don't expect his format to grow or many boards to willingly embrace it given the disparity and the payouts. 10 years down, expect England, Australia,India ,New Zealand and Pakistan to keep playing. The rest might focus on limited overs.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Good take!

ODIs- let the bilaterals exist, but ensure they take place in emerging markets- China, Canada, Mexico, Morocco.

Scrap the CT and bring back the KO. That was really really interesting. And I like the point on multi team tournaments. Tri-series and Quads have all but disappeared these days.

T20- with the emergence of leagues, I am all for scrapping bilateral T20. World Cup every 3 years is a good option.

Tests- now here's where the survival of the format will be at stake. I still don't expect his format to grow or many boards to willingly embrace it given the disparity and the payouts. 10 years down, expect England, Australia,India ,New Zealand and Pakistan to keep playing. The rest might focus on limited overs.
Morocco is not even an ICC member.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
ensure they take place in emerging markets- China, Canada, Mexico, Morocco.
Other than Canada, I don't think cricket is an emerging market in those countries. Even for Canada I'm unsure.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
Yes indeed - starting with their own membership structure. But the very fact of the ICC needing to functionally erase its own existence in order to rebuild functionally precludes it from happening.

This is the sort of thing that usually prompts me to write several-thousand word articles with proposals and solutions and spreadsheets; I feel as if I have shown restraint.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Anyway. Netherlands chasing is big factor. Scotland would need to put down a bit total otherwise I fancy Netherlands to win and get the NRR turn around.

Kind of a free hit match for the Dutch. Have to win under certain conditions or it doesn't matter.

Scotland need to get runs on the board and bowl well as they did v Zimbabwe.

Paranoid Kendroid

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
India
AUS..
RCB...
The Boys
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Scotland looking well set for that second spot. Well, I'm glad one of Scotland or Netherlands is qualifying so we can have the mandatory England losing against an European team in a world cup moment.

Users who are viewing this thread