Story Rise of Scott Richardson

toby123

Club Captain
This is the story of a young controversial 15 year old boy, and his journey through club cricket and turning professional.
Scott Richardson, an Allrounder who bowls Medium Fast and bats in the middle order. He is a well known figure in the Berkshire Buckinghamshire and Oxforshire Cricket League as he is an aggressive batsmen and is often in trouble for his persistent sledging. The story starts during the final of the Berkshire Schools T20 Cup...

toby123

Club Captain
Chapter 1 - Always relying on me!

I looked up at the scoreboard as we edged closer to victory in the annual Berkshire Schools T20 Cup. 151/3... We needed 42 off just 21 balls.
'C'mon Will!' I shouted as he had just played and most at another one outside off stump, we can normally rely on him to get us some quick runs at no.3 but he had only got 3 runs since he got hit on the chest 4 overs ago by a violent bouncer. I was in next at 6 and feeling very nervous because I was the one to carry the team home.
I glanced over at the bowler steaming in. Short ball. Big Swing again from Will. Ooh has that hit something? Big appeal. Given him! Now is my time I have to do this for the team.
I walked out to some shouts form the pavilion, 'Big Shots Scott!' 'Hit em out the park Scotty!'
Will approached me with a scowl on his face, 'Awful umpire, hit my helmet! Bowlers are pretty poor to be honest, they just got lucky.' Same excuses as always from Will!
I walked towards my best mate Nick out in the middle for a quick chat about the conditions.
'So how it looking bro?'
Nick gave me a nervous smile and replied,
'Well these are some of the quickest bowlers I've seen this season, they don't tend to swing it to much, basically just hit the deck bowlers.'
'Okay thanks...' I said nervously.
'Oh and watch out for the two men on the straight boundary, I know you love to play down the ground.'
Damn, my favourite shot is down the ground, this could be a real struggle...

toby123

Club Captain
I walked over to the non-strikers end as it was the end of the over. The returning bowler was a lanky lad, standing at around 6'3. I saw him bowling the opening overs of the match and I think he was there quickest bowler.
He began his long run up from the School End. Good length ball. Well driven through the covers for a single.
I took my guard, middle, and watched the bowler steaming in. I raised my bat up just as the he began his action. Short ball. Not quite short enough to pull. I'll try hammer it over midwicket. I didn't quite connect with it but there was enough power to pick up two. Next ball was a decent length and I tried to hammer it over the bowlers head, which I did successfully but only as far as the man at long off. 'Ugh, I can't score boundaries off this guy' I said to Nick as we slowly jogged the single.
We now needed 38 off 16 balls.
'Come on Nick, just get me on strike' I shouted.
I watched the bowler complete his action and release the ball. I looked down to the other end to see the off stump and bails flying...

Users who are viewing this thread