Romeing The Piazza

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
This was first brought to the forum by prarara in the form of Shogun Assassination Mafia. I thought of it again today and used my powers to go on a rumble to find it, this was actually a lot of fun when we did it the first time and thought it might be good to have a go at it again.

The first one we will start with will be fairly basic as I get to grips as what goes on and an overview of the roles.

--------------​

It's the late 1970's in downtown Rome, and the Italian Mafia are running wild on the local citizens. The latest murder after a long line of them has occurred in one of the many pizzerias in the early hours of the morning, two mobsters raided the downtown pizzeria just before closing time when no one is around. The owner of the restaraunt was found lying in a pool of blood by the Polizia when the shop should be opening.
The Polizia and local citizens have decided enough is enough and have declared war on the mafia.

The aim of the game is for one side of the war to murder all of the opposition. For the mafia to win they must murder all of the members of the townies and vice versa.

The types of roles that are available in this game are;
  • Mafia Goon
  • Mafia Roleblocker
  • Townie
  • Doctor
  • Cop

The Mafia Aligned players and their roles are;

Mafia Goon:
You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner(s). Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.
During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.

During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.
You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.

You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

Mafia Roleblocker:
You are a member of the Mafia along with your partner(s). Since your plot to quietly overtake the town has failed, you will attempt take it by force by eliminating the others until you outnumber the populace.

During the day, try to blend in with the normal Townies, and attempt to get someone lynched.

As a Roleblocker, you have the ability to distract any player throughout the night, effectively negating their night ability, if they have one.
Send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to block. If they have a Night action, it will have no effect. You will not be informed as to whether your roleblock worked or not.

During the NIGHT cycle ONLY, you may talk with your fellow Mafia (via PM) and choose another player in the town to kill that night.

You may communicate privately with your fellow Mafia up until the game thread is opened. Once the game begins, all outside communication must cease until the night cycle.

You win when the number of Mafia equals or exceeds the number of remaining Town players, whether you survive to the end or not.

The Townie aligned players are;

Townie:
You are a normal townsperson, trying to make a living and survive this insanity.

You have no abilities at Night other than getting a good night's rest.
Although you do not have any special abilities, your voice and vote are powerful weapons in their own right. Use them to your best advantage!
At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.

You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

Cop:
You are the local law enforcement, and can tell the good guys from the bad.

Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate.
The Moderator will inform you as to that person?s guilt or innocence.

You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not

Doctor:
You are the local physician, and can protect people from harm.

Each NIGHT, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to protect.
If someone attempts to kill that player during the Night, they will be spared.
You may not protect yourself.

You win when all the Mafia players are gone, whether you survive to the end or not.

The game goes through two phases, the 'night' phase and the 'day' phase. During the 'day' phase all discussion will happen and try to figure out who is in what role. During the daytime period voting will occur for the lynching to occur. Every player is allowed to vote in this and once all players have voted and a majority is reached, the player with the most votes will by lynched and his role will be revealed to the members.

During the night period, if you have a night time role you can perform this role through PM to me and you will find out the result of your night time action as day breaks either in the thread or via PM if it is something secret. The night time period will occur when a majority vote has been undertaken, the thread will then be closed for discussion untill the day has broken.

Remember discussion may only take place in the thread unless your role allows you to converse via pm with a teammate.

After we have a set number of people I will distribute the roles via PM that you must keep secret and then the game can begin. To sign up all you have to do is a simple post saying, 'I'm in' or whatever you like.

Just note, the roles of the players have been taken from mafiascum.net and are there words, not mine. The setting of the game is however my idea.

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
That didn't take long at all. I'm looking for about 7-10 people.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
I agree, 7 works out fine for the first round. I am sending out the roles now.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
As the sun rises over Rome on a summer's morning, the people of Rome are nervously awaiting any news of the next murder hoping it is not them that will be next. This morning is the start of the Townie's fight against the Mafia, it starts with a vote today as to who will be the first person to by lynched.

The Town vs The Mafia begin's now.

P

pcfan123

I think we should kill World Champions, he looks like a mafioso to me

Manly

Thor
Sounds good to me.

Ollie can we find out the number of each role?

I'm a townie by the way chaps.

P

pcfan123

Dude I don't think you are supposed to tell us what you are. Or maybe I am confused.

Ollie help!

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Dude I don't think you are supposed to tell us what you are. Or maybe I am confused.

Ollie help!

How do you know he isn't lieing? It could all be part of the tactics.

Your not going to know how many of each there is, at least I don't think your supposed to. Lemme look into it.

Okay I'll tell ya, the make up of the game is;

Mafia Goon
Mafia Roleblocker

Cop
Doctor
Townie x 3

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread