Rugby 08: The USA Eagles Resurrection - Set to return?

Top win there boys! Well Played lads and well lead Griffo :clap

I'm thinking about recording the match as I'm playing it then post it on YouTube so you can all watch the match. Of course I will have written reports about the match. Good idea?

Yeah a really good Idea mate.. Sounds really good!

how long are the halves that your playing Xuzuno?

They're ten minutes each. If I were to post videos, I'd have to split it into about five videos as I tested it, and the files sizes are quite big. Unless I played five minute halves, but they seem to get very low scores (depending on the difficulty).

I think if I convert it to another file type, it'll be much smaller.

Last edited:
Quality win there boys! I was that good, I didn't even get a mention during the whokle match anyway great update mate, keep it up!:)

You took the lineouts well, and made a few breaks here and there. There'll be a report on the match tomorrow, including individual performances.

Last edited:
Good stuff boys, sounds like i had quite a good match lol shame about letting the try through but

I didnt play very well. Only mention i got was when i had a drop shot on goal and missed horibly :p

great win to start it off hopefully it isn't just luck. we quite happily thrashed them. happy with my 2 try assists.

A long pass to the winger Freddiw, who smashes through the opposition defense for a brilliant try under the posts. Conversion to come.

SExUAL :p

on the topic of video , I say NO. It becomes a chore and pictures/written is perfect. Do what you want mate but ermember a long story is better than a short one. I advise not to do video.

Well done PC on our first victory and congrats to captain/vice captain for their selection.

nytlogo379x64.gif

The Eagles have started their resurrection to international rugby with a decent 24-10 win over Samoa at National Stadium yesterday. The stand out performers of the match, were the new recruits from PlanetCricket who surprising came out and dominated much of the match.

Match Report

The match started in warm conditions, with the first ten minutes a kicking game. USA held on to possession for a long time, and a mistake from Samoan flyhalf E.Ma'a, gave the visitors the opening try.

Samoa had some chances in the first half. They showed glimpses of their talent, however handling errors and their lack of ability to convert opportunites costed them.

The late stages of the first spell was all one-way traffic for the Americans. A magnificent display of passing from the Eagles backs, set winger Freddiw up with the second try under the posts. Burnsy1 then pulled out a grubber kick into space minutes later for USA's third try.

The teams went into the break with a score of 21-3 to the visitors. The during the half time interval, coach Xuzuno brought on debutants Holdenator and Shefellover93.

Nothing much looked like happening in the early stages of the second half, other than a good physical battle. The possession was changing quickly, and Mad Snake made the most of a high tackle, when he kicked the penalty.

The Samoans had found some rhythm and we're constantly running the ball up for about ten minutes. Then the try of brilliance. A defensive lapse of the Eagles gifted Samoa with a break from the number 8, to finish it off under the line.

The scoreline was narrowed to 24-10, and that's where it stayed. USA had a long phase of attack, but couldn't score a fourth try, not that it would've made a difference in the end. The best start USA would have wanted for the start of the season.

Coach's Thoughts

Xuzuno said after the match, "That's what you call a game of rugby. The Samoans put a good physical game up front, but I'm pleased the boys came out with it in the end. The first half was excellent, some wonderful tries too. The second phase was a little bit scratchy and we'll have to work on that during trainings. I'm proud of the teams performance today, and we'll look forward to the next match against Tonga."

Players' Performances

This section is where we analyse the PlanetCricket players' performance during the match. A rating is given as well as a comment as to how they did.

4. Thesweepmaster - 6/10
A little quiet first game up, but took the ball from the lineout when needed and supported the backs with his running attack.

8. Griffo - 7/10
Attacked well, with a few breaks. Good running from the scrum. One or two missed tackles.

9. Ayub 95 - 8/10
Cleared the ball quickly from the ruck and scrum, especially setting up the second try. Kicking from the ruck was also decent.

10. Gutterman - 5/10
Decent directing of the play (no pun intended). Drop the ball a couple of times, and some mistakes in his kicking game.

11. Freddiw - 7/10
Played more of a defensive game. Made the most of the ball he got, including a great try.

12. Mad Snake - 9/10
What can I say? Brilliant goal kicks, useful on attack, and general play was excellent.

13. Burnsy1 - 8/10
A strong game. Broke out of some tackles on attack. Flawless defending and quick thinking resulting the in third try.

14. Roofrom50 - 7/10
Didn't see the ball much, so had to shine in defense, in which he did.

15. Adyhorn - 8/10
Brilliant with the high ball, didn't fault at all. Made the right decisions and had a decent kicking game.

20. Holdenator - 7/10
Picked up where Ayub left off. Quick clearance from the ruck, and defensively impressive.

21. Highlander999 - 5/10
Saw the ball only once or twice. Sound defense.

22. Shefellover93 - 6/10
Took the high ball well, and a good kicking game. Not so good on defense, letting in the late try.

Users who are viewing this thread