Rugby World Cup 2011

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Yeah, Wales weren't great tonight. Hard when you're missing Adam Jones, Rhys Priestland and Sam Warburton. Kicking has been poor since Priestland's injury.
Aus deserved the win; bad news about Quade Cooper though.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Priestland made the Wales attack, didn't look the same in the last 2 games without him. Of course didn't help losing their star 7.

The game fizzled out once Quade went off, both for the crowd who went their to boo him and the Wallabies attack.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Wayne Barnes would be a good American Football ref. He wouldn't have to worry about forward passes then, which he clearly doesn't understand.

Berrick Barnes proved that he should have started in the semi ahead of Cooper. Cooper was low on confidence after the South Africa quarter, and that was shown with the first kickoff. Deans' has to take the responsibility for plain and simply getting that selection wrong.

And I'm not getting what all this fuss is about how good Wales are. They lost to South Africa, Australia, and France, only beating Ireland, and it's been going around that they deserved to be in the final. Tbh only really the All Blacks deserve to be there, every other team has had a shocking tournament in patches.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Barnes at 12 would have been enough, we were looking really good with him and Quade together with Barnes doing the tactical kicking when needed. Attack fell away once he left the field.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, that was against Wales though. Cooper a massive liability against both SA and NZ, and I'm saying that for the semi against NZ he shouldn't have started. Versing Wales is like versing the Crusaders, I'm not being cocky but versing the ABs is a whole new ball game, and there are just certain players who don't cut it at that level.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hard to judge since he had Pat McCabe in both of those games. Barnes seems to be the calming influence over Cooper.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Yeah I was begging for Barnes to start, like every match, but unless you can predict the future, Quade was always starting at fly-half and only McCabe's spot was potentially open for Barnes.

I guess Wales exceeded most people's expectations, so they're a bit of a talking point. The match against Saf was a cliffhanger, as was France with only 14 men and with some help from the ref, they were still in it with 6 mins to go against us. And they didn't struggle against the minnows like a few others did.

But after last night's game, I wouldn't say Wales deserve to be in the final more than France.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
I just want to say good luck to the All Blacks tonight. :thumbs

I'm staying with me original prediction of 20 points, although it's extremely hard to pick what France team will turn up. If the All Blacks play anywhere near their potential, they should get the job done.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Hope the froggies play a wee bit better than the previous encounter with the ABs, at least make it exciting. 25-23 ABs, and Williams to get kicked in the face :thumbs

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Did the English team turn up instead? Nothing like wearing a ???? jersey to curse your chances.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Well the world cup kicking curse has struck NZ so could be a close one. Those Weepu kicks were dire.

----------

How many number 10s do you have New Zealand?

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Scientists say that the islands of NZ are in danger of sinking from all the tears if France wins.

----------

Jeez don't get too excited France, only your first ever try in 3 WC finals.

Users who are viewing this thread