Rugby World Cup 2011

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
All Blacks!!!!!!!!!!

fearsome tweak that was incredible. What a match, and what a team!

My legs were literally shaking that whole second half, one moment could have torn us apart. And I know what you mean with that Donald penalty kick, that was heart in the mouth stuff because it looked like it missed. It was quite funny really, because the people I was with were hating on Donald when he came on, and he got the job done. What other country could have got that far on their fourth first five?

Stuff happens that you've just got to be apart of, and last night in town was one of them. After the game Queen Street was packed from the Waterfront to Aotea Square, like it was just a magic feeling.

What a tournament to be apart of. Except the opening night hiccup, everything has pretty much run incredibly, and the icing on the cake was us winning.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I can't imagine the relief (and hangovers) you guys are feeling today. I was hoping the French would make you sweat a bit, but I couldn't have written a better script. The whole game I was jumping between "the French have got this" and "Kiwis score here and they've got this".

I'm starting to think what might've been if only our first choice 10 went down a few games earlier now :p

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I was at Wynyard Quarter and the second half was so tense, the last ten minutes especially. When the final whistle blew everyone was jumping up and down with excitement and hugging everyone. My heart was beating so fast for ages afterwards as well.

swacker

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Enjoy your "golden showers" All Blacks! ;)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Congrats to the All Blacks, you've been knocking loudly on the door for years now and you deserve this victory. :) I thoroughly enjoyed the final - and I don't usually enjoy rugby unless it involves England. :)

I really need to find a website to clearly explain all the rules though, so I can enjoy the next Six Nations without being completely befuddled as to why that was a penalty, and why that was offside etc. :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
A website won't help. The way the breakdown and the scrum is reffed is totally inconsistent. Add in the ELVs which some of the players still don't seem to have cottoned onto...
Then there's a northern/southern hemisphere split in keeping the game flowing and playing advantage. I've played rugby and followed it all my life and I can't work out what the refs are up to half the time.

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I must be doing alright to only understand half the calls then, considering I'm from the heart of rugby league territory and never played union. It's kinda nice when you don't understand enough to tear the ref's a new one after the game.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
A website won't help. The way the breakdown and the scrum is reffed is totally inconsistent. Add in the ELVs which some of the players still don't seem to have cottoned onto...
Then there's a northern/southern hemisphere split in keeping the game flowing and playing advantage. I've played rugby and followed it all my life and I can't work out what the refs are up to half the time.

So it's just muddle through as usual then. :)

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Go for it, its bloody brilliant from what I saw off its trailers, albeit it not being available under PC platform.

Go type 'Rugby Challenge' into Steam.

----------

In all honesty though, I would say read the laws, they're actually really well written and the majority include pictures to show what they mean. I imagine you don't need to know all of them (cos some of them really don't matter to someone just wanting to watch) and just look at Laws 10 onwards. You probably don't even need to read them, just check out the definitions of each law and it should give you a good understanding. It's written simply and not in language you have to be an avid fan to understand.

If you wanted to get more involved, we had one friend who was such a football addict and he knew everything and anything about football and we were all rugby fans, so we got him involved and put names of some Aviva Premiership (English domestic rugby union competition) in a hat and made him pick one and that was then the team he 'supported'. Now he follows and knows all about that side and really understands the game.

Biggy

Panel of Selectors

Agree. I played for 13 years (granted as a back for most of it) and never quite understood all the laws of rucking and mauling. I still don't get half of it to this day hahaha. To be honest it can change ref to ref, or when the All Blacks are playing.:p

Go type 'Rugby Challenge' into Steam.

Actually a good game now after being patched and with the sliders. The original release was quite pathetic and even now there is a bit of room for improvement. Definitely a good building block though.

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Excluding scrums I understand 90-95% of the ref's calls. Occasionally there's a strange one that I don't understand, which is normally when they're wrong (imo). :p Half the time scrums just seem to be a toss of the coin which way the penalty goes. I'd like to see a compulsory tap free kick taken if the scrum collapses twice, instead of these 50-50 penalties after it collapses four or five times.

I'm never played rugby for a club, but along with cricket they're by far and away the sports which I've followed the most, and I'd have to give Rugby the edge in terms of what I enjoy watching.

Users who are viewing this thread