Screenshots....disappointing

fanirama said:
----> Hoping that Codemasters will release a Video rather than just screenshots. What I need to see is a cool video trailer. <----
Also, work in progress doesn't mean the end product will look drastically different. Its gonna pretty much look like this ( give or take 10% ) at the end. Don't expect Half life2 or GT4 look to come out of the 'work in progress'

Spot on. I totally agree with that.

fanirama said:
Its gonna pretty much look like this ( give or take 10% ) at the end. Don't expect Half life2 or GT4 look to come out of the 'work in progress'

Have to say you have a point

fanirama said:
Hoping BLIC will be having good gameplay as that is quite important. I can live with these graphics

Not just quite important, its the most important part of a game, without good gameplay, you have no game.

I just want a Tough AI....the gameplay can be easy but the game can still be fun if the AI is tough........

My Opinion

Brian Lara International Cricket looks like a really good game with easy to navigate menus, and good graphics. An Artificial Intelligence that is difficult and challenging is rumoured, so this should be the game that Cricket fans everywhere have been waiting for for a very long time. :)

Hopefully the AI will allow the computer to score at a reasonable/realistic rate but just be difficult to get out or consistently bowl good lines and lengths - unlike C2k4

Well you cant do that, if that could happen then I think we would have had grpahics of FIFA in Cricket 04. That cant be done as far as I know.

I'm not quite sure what you guys are looking at, but the screens I'm seeing have really good graphics, realistic players, good backdrops and fantastic animations.

Please, give Codies some credit.

Second set of screens look good but its the in-game realism wihich matters most

EA use photograph-derived textures wherever possible to get the games out quicker while fooling the public into believing their ingame models are superdoopa megarealistic quality. That simply isnt true, look very closely at ingame models in Rugby 2005 and the early cricket shots and you will see a quite a few rough edges..when was the last time Shane Warne had his hair smoothed down like that ;) Their models are high poly but very generic looking with a photographic texture pasted ontop.

It needed saying.

My Opinion

I think that the screenshots of Brian Lara International Cricket are very realistic with lots of detail. I also like the way that they have kept the fans updated with the latest news concerning the game. I am sure I will buy this game for my Xbox. :)

Last edited:
Im sure ppl have discussed this ...but in the screenshot wassup with the bat man???looks like the non striker went fer a 60s theme party n bought his kit frem there....tell the people at codemasters that all cricket followers are not beatles fans....

Well these pics are the early ones....the latest pics are awesome.

Aragorn...by your username I take it your a LOTR fan?

Users who are viewing this thread