Serial Killer strikes in Suffolk

wfdu_ben91 said:
Killing someone in the mode of self-defence is completely different.
I agree. And giving someone the death penalty is in no way self-defence, not even with the loosest possible definition of the term.

Here in Ipswich the papers are really running the story - a 16 page special 2 nights ago, 12 pages last night and now a special report on where their clothes are (a serious point as they have all been found naked).

It's a bit surreal to see the likes of Huw Edwards or George Allegiah presenting the news from a road in which you've walked down yourself many times (for a football match, before anyone asks!).

wfdu_ben91 said:
I still don't agree with that, this is murder we're talking about. As in someone going out with the intentions of murdering someone and actually doing it. That is unforgiveable, it is disgraceful. Killing someone in the mode of self-defence is completely different.

I agree that it's unforgivable and disgraceful but the death penalty isn't self defence in any form.

The Death penalty is merely there to appease the bloodthirsty like fox hunting but on a much bigger scale obviously.

duded64 said:
sounds great but wouldnt his mates just untie him and then they'd run away?:p
Lol :p

What else do you suggest? What's the point in letting them live and rot in jail? If they aren't going to contribute anymore to society, then might as well kill them and send a warning to any other murderers. Or maybe a more effective way, like torture...

ZoraxDoom said:
might as well kill them and send a warning to any other murderers. Or maybe a more effective way, like torture...
You seem to have as little respect for human life as murderers.

Killing or torturing people is just plain wrong, I find it hard to believe why people think otherwise.

If you kill someone, you shouldn't be allowed to live unless you can contribute to society. An eye for an eye.

ZoraxDoom said:
Lol :p

What else do you suggest? What's the point in letting them live and rot in jail? If they aren't going to contribute anymore to society, then might as well kill them and send a warning to any other murderers. Or maybe a more effective way, like torture...

So what we kill the 1.7 Million unemployed? The hundreds of homeless? The incapacitated?

If they aren't going to contribute to society kill them? That is stupider than the conspiracy theories on here on 9/11 and the Pentagon.

Sureshot said:
So what we kill the 1.7 Million unemployed? The hundreds of homeless? The incapacitated?

If they aren't going to contribute to society kill them? That is stupider than the conspiracy theories on here on 9/11 and the Pentagon.
I mean the killers. Unless they are going to be rehabitated (sp?) or do communtiy service, then why allow them to just rot in jail and consume valuable resources and spend tax money on them? If they show no signs of wanting to change or don't show any regret, and are still going to be sick murdreres, kill them off.

ZoraxDoom said:
I mean the killers. Unless they are going to be rehabitated (sp?) or do communtiy service, then why allow them to just rot in jail and consume valuable resources and spend tax money on them? If they show no signs of wanting to change or don't show any regret, and are still going to be sick murdreres, kill them off.

No, Sureshot is right if we kill them then we stoop down to their level.
Hopefully they get beaten up by other prisoners like Ian Huntley did and feel a fraction of the pain that they have caused to others.

We maybe going off topic a bit.

I read in The Sun today that they are looking for a blue BMW becuase that is what the latest victim was last seen in.

ZoraxDoom said:

So you think murderers should be killed because they consume resources when in prison?

It's expensive to keep a prisoner, as much as ?30,000 a year, but principles and human rights don't have a price.

I say again.

One of the basic human rights is a right to life, this doesn't have circumstances.

andrew_nixon said:
This is the twenty-first century not the first.

I was doing RS on it, and it turns out that originated from earlier than the first century :eek: .

There needs to be serious thinking about punishments for criminals world wide, people are divided about the issue.

As much as I'm against the death penalty, I agree with Zorax that too much money is spent on prisoners. They don't deserve a good life in prison! Don't feed them great food, the bare minimum in order to survive should suffice. Also, I don't like the fact that they get to watch tv and play snooker and all (in the UK). That's just plain wrong! They should lead a miserable life, completely isolated, especially if they're major criminals.

ZoraxDoom said:
If you kill someone, you shouldn't be allowed to live unless you can contribute to society. An eye for an eye.
"An eye for an eye and the whole world is blind" -- Gandhi.

Because forcing them to a miserable time inside will make them socially able people when they get out? They'll have more hate than before.

I don't believe murderers should ever be released but that has to be dependant on Psychological examinations, etc.

As I said, this should be especially for serious criminals. This guy, if convicted, is not going to be released. Ever. Unless he lives for a heluva long time...

Users who are viewing this thread