Story Sharjah Cup FINAL - India VS Pakistan

Who do you think will win the Sharjah Cup?

• Total voters
Sachin was awarded Man Of The Match award for his great century which guided India to a sensational victory over Australia.

0405500ky.jpg

Wow, what a great inning.

Thanks, it was a really special inning for me. It always feel so good to make runs which lead to your team's win.

What were you thinking before going to bat?

All I wanted was to stay till the end and play my natural game. We got a bad start and then I decided to just carry on and protect wickets at my end. It was a good support from Yuvi today and I think he took most of the pressure from me.

Earlier you were playing attackingly but when yuvi came you started to play more defensively.

Earlier I decided to go with my natural strokeplay but have to change my strategy according to the situation. When Yuvi came to bat, I realised that he was in good touch and was timing the ball well. So I just decided to give strike back to him.

Thanks Sachin it was a great inning to watch.

Last edited:
First we will have a conversation with tonight's loosing captain Ricky Ponting.

0352815wb.jpg

Bad Luck Today after puting a big total on board.

Yeah it was disappointing to loose after making a good total while batting. Our batsmen did superb job especially Katich and Watson but I think we were left 20 runs short of our expected target. But it was great batting from India took the match away from us.

What about Sachin's knock?

It was a great inning from him and we were unfortunate that his one of the best inning came in this match against us. Or bowlers bowled well and had situation under control in first 20 odd overs but the partnership between Yuvraj and Sachin made all the difference and we never came back in the match after that.

Your next match is against Pakistan who beat India in last match.

It will be a crucial match for us against Pakistan and we will do our best to win and stay in the hunt for final.

Thank You and Good Luck for your next match against Pakistan.

Now lets welcome tonight's winning captain Rahul Dravid.

dravid6qm.jpg

What a great match looked close all the time but an easy win in the end.

Yeah it was a great match and but we won in the end. I think our bowlers gave away too many runs which lead Australia to a good score. Harbhajan was again superb with the ball. It was our batting which won the match for us. Despite of a poor start from our batsmen, Sachin and Yuvraj kept their cool and took us to win. Sachin's inning was surely one of his best.

How do you rate Sachin's knock?

It was a great inning. He played well to hang on at one end while wickets were falling at the other. He also got good support from Yuvi and both were involved in a match winning partnership.

You have now 4 days break before you match against Pakistan. What will be your next strategy?

I am very much satisfied with team's performance so far. We will try to work on our top order in batting.

Thanks very much Rahul and good luck for your future matches.

Great knock by the little master! Superb win! Go India, Go!

Lovely presentation Ashu!

Here is the latest point standings off all the three teams:

India Played - 2 Won - 1 Lost - 1 points - 6

Pakistan Played - 1 Won - 1 Lost - 0 points - 5

Australia Played - 1 Won - 0 Lost - 1 points - 1

still lots of matches to go..Aus will be ther in final

ashu2411 said:
Here is the latest point standings off all the three teams:

India Played - 2 Won - 1 Lost - 1 points - 6

Pakistan Played - 1 Won - 1 Lost - 0 points - 5

Australia Played - 1 Won - 0 Lost - 1 points - 1

Your points table looks a bit off for Aus.
Hopefully Aus can back from this loss however.

aussie1st said:
Your points table looks a bit off for Aus.
Hopefully Aus can back from this loss however.
yeah just one match is complete for Australia, they still have to play 3 matches before final. So anyone can enter final.

Great inning from Sachin to beat mighty Australians. Waiting for India's next match.

[FONT=]The third league match for Sharjah Cup is between Australia and Pakistan. This match is expected to be a great close match as the two teams face each other after a long time. Here is the analysis of two teams:

Australia : This is undoubtedly the best team of the world. They are the world champions and are always of favorites of any tournament they take part. They have some great attacking world class batsmen combined with a deadly bowling attack comprising Mcgrath, Lee and Bracken. Although they lost to India in last match, no one will dare to bet against them.

0436529ko.jpg

Pakistan : In Sharjah, they are not less then Australia in any way. On their day they can crush any team to ground.No one can deny their brilliant record in Sharjah and with huge support behind them, they will be a very deadly side. They have some very experienced great batsmen like Inzamam, Younis and Yohana combined with the likes of Afridi and Razzaq. Their bowling is also one of the best with bowlers like Akhtar, Sami, Kaneria and Malik.

pak4zf.jpg

So a great match in store and stay tune for all the action live on Sky Sports right here.
[/FONT]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread