Shot Selection Bingo!

you can by using the marker option in the nets

Where's that option? I can't see it when I do the 10 over practice session in between games.

Where's that option? I can't see it when I do the 10 over practice session in between games.

It's available in the nets from practice on the main menu, but not in the career practice.

The other thing to be aware of is that you can cut effectively with less width than I'd expect.

It's available in the nets from practice on the main menu, but not in the career practice.

The other thing to be aware of is that you can cut effectively with less width than I'd expect.
That's kind of what I'm after though; I want to practice that in the nets so I can level up my weaker traits (at the moment, flat bat and back foot skills).

That's kind of what I'm after though; I want to practice that in the nets so I can level up my weaker traits (at the moment, flat bat and back foot skills).

Interestingly, I'm levelling up my weaker traits (back foot and off side) exactly this way.

Medium-fast, around the wicket, short length. Mostly produces deliveries that can be cut - and if you simply play nothing but the back-foot cut, the ones you miss won't hurt.

Interestingly, I'm levelling up my weaker traits (back foot and off side) exactly this way.

Medium-fast, around the wicket, short length. Mostly produces deliveries that can be cut - and if you simply play nothing but the back-foot cut, the ones you miss won't hurt.
I take it you mean both versions of the cut.

I'll give it a go tonight. Point is kind of the one region I don't really exploit enough. I want that pretty wagon wheel!

I take it you mean both versions of the cut.

I'll give it a go tonight. Point is kind of the one region I don't really exploit enough. I want that pretty wagon wheel!

Yeah, both late and square. And, again, the reason that's what I do in the nets is so I don't have a hole in my wheel there, too ;)

One thing though is that I've found it risky to even try hitting to that part of the ground with slips and/or gully in. Although I've started taking the AI's example, and ramping late cuts over the slip cordon when there's no third man in.

Yeah, both late and square. And, again, the reason that's what I do in the nets is so I don't have a hole in my wheel there, too ;)

One thing though is that I've found it risky to even try hitting to that part of the ground with slips and/or gully in. Although I've started taking the AI's example, and ramping late cuts over the slip cordon when there's no third man in.

I've found in T20's that's one of the most reliable ways to get 4s since even if you botch the shot chances are you'll still get 3 and you can get away with it even if the ball is about to career into middle stump.

I've found in T20's that's one of the most reliable ways to get 4s since even if you botch the shot chances are you'll still get 3 and you can get away with it even if the ball is about to career into middle stump.

Yeah, nah - I still manage to edge it on to the stumps when I try that. I've seen a few people claiming it's a good way to go, but it doesn't seem like a high percentage shot to me.

Users who are viewing this thread