Should M Aamer be shown leniency?

Should Mohammed Amir be shown some leniency if found guilty?

• Yes

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • No

Votes: 38 67.9%

• Total voters
PCB has been lenient with Asif. look at him. :facepalm

I don't think Binnu understands how insulting it is to the Bangladeshis. It would be like someone getting caught for theft in the USA and their punishment is to go live in India :p

We will show him his real potential ;)

But your punishment is absolutely ridiculous.
Even I knew that my idea of punishing Aamer was an idiotic one.
Mani said:
So you're saying that Asif, Amir, Butt, Yousuf, the Akmal brothers etc should all be playing for Bangladesh now. How is that going to solve anything?
Hold on, I haven't said that.
Its only for Aamer, as this thread title says:yes.

Few reasons for me suggesting that idea:
1) Aamer is a young lad of 18, who might not properly know what actually was going on.
2) He is a great bowler, and will be a great addition of talent if he joins some or the other minnow team.
3) He impressed the total world with his wonderful spells on foreign soils.
4) I'm with the people who say "I don't want Aamer's talent to be wasted, regardless of all these silly things".

Seriously, Aamer should have thought twice before doing this. He is an excellent bowler, who threatened the opponents in their soil with his electrifying and dangerous spells.

Last edited:
Even I knew that my idea of punishing Aamer was an idiotic one.

Hold on, I haven't said that.
Its only for Aamer, as this thread title says:yes.

Few reasons for me suggesting that idea:
1) Aamer is a young lad of 18, who might not properly know what actually was going on.
2) He is a great bowler, and will be a great addition of talent if he joins some other minnow team.
3) He impressed the total world with his wonderful spells on foreign soils.
4) I'm with the people who say "I don't want Aamer's talent to be wasted, regardless of all these silly things".

Seriously, Aamer should have thought twice before doing this. He is an excellent bowler, who threatened the opponents in their soil with his electrifying and dangerous spells.

You've just contradicted yourself because you said you want everyone to get the same punishment, but this is just for Amir.

It doesn't matter how good he is. That shouldn't dictate what punishment he gets.

And you're insulting Bangladesh by saying Amir should be dumped on them. Just quit now, you've already made a complete fool of yourself.

Lets make him play for India :laugh

I don't think Binnu understands how insulting it is to the Bangladeshis. It would be like someone getting caught for theft in the USA and their punishment is to go live in India :p
I know it.
But I don't have any such intension in my mind.

But once imagine Bangladesh with Mohammad Aamer's talent. Bangladesh would be one of the great teams, definitely greater than India, in terms of bowling! All I saw is in this perspective, not in the way many have seen.
My apology to Bangladesh Cricket Team and their die heart fans, provided they need to spot that I don't have any such ideas of cheapening Bangladeshi Cricket!

Nah, they goes to Mexico. It's more like... um somewhere along the line with 7 11, or Taxis

I know it.
But I don't have any such intension in my mind.

But once imagine Bangladesh with Mohammad Aamer's talent. Bangladesh would be one of the great teams, definitely greater than India, in terms of bowling! All I saw is in this perspective, not in the way many have seen.
My apology to Bangladesh Cricket Team and their die heart fans, provided they need to spot that I don't have any such ideas of cheapening Bangladeshi Cricket!

All the die heart fans are way too pissed off.

Lets make him play for India :laugh

Haha.. good idea:laugh.
His ancestors might have born in this India.
indiabeforepartition.jpg

@ Ollie: It was a small typo. I fixed it though:).

I don't think one should be lenient at all. For one, he's 21, not 18. The other thing is that most of these guys have been involved in spot fixing since they started playing club cricket. It is very common in Pakistan to host club cricket tournaments where people come to bet money on outcomes of each delivery and the "smart" ones offer money to players if the result can be guaranteed.
I'm not ure about Amir but the other 6 all play for the same club (Modeltown Greens) and this kind of thing is rampant here in club cricket. To think that this is the first time these wide eyed kids (Wahab, Umar etc) have been exposed to the idea is stupid. Thus the harshest punishment possible should be handed out.

Well Marlon Samuels got 2 years suspension for a lot less IMO. I think Amir gets 2 years at the very least - and that's looking with a sympathetic eye. He SHOULD be looking at 5 years at least and possibly even a life ban. We need to stamp this crap out of cricket.

Difference is that Samuels was found guilty by the WICB and that information was passed to the ICC who backed the decision and upheld the ban. Knowing the history of the PCB I would not be surprised if many of the culprits got of with light sentences or none at all, thats if they are guilty at all.
WICB made and example out of Samuels. It was too harsh but it was used to show the rest of the players that the WICB wont accept anything like that, and unlike the PCB there wasn't any overturning of the decision by some president or some judge.

Users who are viewing this thread