Should the National Selection Panel be renamed as Chennai Selection Panel?

BTW - Agarkar is not mediocre. For a large part of his career he was our best ODI seamer.

I'd rephrase this question - how did Chennai get all these awesome players?

And to put some perspective, Rajasthan have Yusuf Pathan, Jadeja and Munaf Patel. Deccan have RP Singh, Ojha, Sharma and VVS. Bangalore have Dravid, Praveen Kumar, and Uthappa. Mumbai have Kulkarlani, Sachin, Nayar, Zak and Bhajji. Only side short on Indian players is KKR, who really just have Ishant. DD and Chennai have slightly more than the average side.

It all balances out in the end.

IPL is not Indian anymore. Its business and it will soon be international premiere league. Don't compare it with Indian demography.

KKD will kill you if you call him Delhi player. :p

You need to explain how Bombay was dominating.

How else do you explain the inclusion of Nilesh Kulkarni, Sairaj Bahutule, Sameer Dighe, Ajit Agarkar, etc? At that point of time, players from the West were a lot in the Indian team.

Nilesh Kulkarni - Dombivili guy if i m not wrong, hardly played any matches.

dunno about the rest except Ajit :p

Rohit Sharma i wonder what made the selectors to get him in ODI.

Have to agree that place tag matters.

Hey even Sachin is from Mumbai !

How else do you explain the inclusion of Nilesh Kulkarni, Sairaj Bahutule, Sameer Dighe, Ajit Agarkar, etc? At that point of time, players from the West were a lot in the Indian team.

Well they not played in same team. So how is it one board domination.

It was in 80's when Gavaskar, Shastri etc. were mostly from Mumbai.

You need to explain how Bombay was dominating.

i hope its a sarcastic question.. look at agarkar, kambli, bahutule, gahutule etc etc..... They are all total failures and wouldnt even find a place in a srilankan domestic side...:D

if bombay thinks that they are the best and they dominate indian team perhaps they shd create their own side and play international cricket

if bombay thinks that they are the best and they dominate indian team perhaps they shd create their own side and play international cricket

It's Mumbai atm.

I never heard any of the people say proudly "Half the players who played for India at the international level were from mumbai etc." Never, but heard in the classic sachins video by an Indian commentary men The mumbai boy etc. but the other way round just to refer his origin.

They are playing for India that's what matters, a mass selection from one region does hint partiality regardless of talent but Kambli did average over 50 and scored 2wice 200. not enough.

I disagree. Bombay folks have always gotten the upper hand in terms of selection matters.
Its common knowledge.

Doesn't Bombay go back to the days when India was under British Rule and you guys changed it to Mumbai when we left? Or is it vice versa?

Users who are viewing this thread