Story Sign up. International Season England vs India completed! (Cricsim)

Already taken, mate. Sorry, need to update my first post. The only team left for now is Kenya. :p

And Zorax, are you sure that you want Tafadzwa Mufambisi. Wouldn't you rather Tafadzwa Kamungozi?

I'd also suggest Tawanda Mupariwa too. As he will do very well for your Zimbabwe team.

ICC Champions Trophy to take place this coming week

Today, the ICC have announced that despite every team taking part has been taken over. A small series is announced between Kenya, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe to take place at the same time.
ICC Chief Executive Connor R-Smith revealed that the competition shall start this week. Date unsure, as Kenya need a new coach and two coaches need to name their squads.
"I'm not naming names. But Treva and Jaztheman better name their squads soon. :mad:"

The groups have been drawn for this trophy. They are as follows:

Group A:

West Indies
New Zealand
Sri Lanka
Pakistan

Group B:

Australia
India
South Africa
England

This Champions trophy looks to be an amazing contest. With Australia being firm favourites now that Shane Warne is back in ODI cricket.

PAKISTAN ARRIVE IN INDIA FOR CT

The Pakistan Cricket Team have today arrived in Mumbai for the highly anticipated ICC Champion's Trophy. With Akhtar and Asif cleared, the squad back to full strength and the whole team is looking forward to a good, competitive tournament. Asif, in particular, is very eager to bowl at his bunny Kevin Pietersen again!

pakteam.jpg

1) Brian Lara (c)
2) Shivnerine Chanderpaul (vc)
3) Ramneresh Sarwan
4) Denesh Ramdin (wk)
5) Chris Gayle
6) Tino Best
7) Jermaine Lawson
8) Ian Bradshaw
9) Fiedel Edwards
10) Corey Collymore
11) Dwayne Bravo
12) D.Smith
13) D.Powell
14) Wavell Hinds
15) Runako Morton

South Africa Announce 15 Man Squad for the ICC Champions Trophy

Graeme Smith (C) (BAT)
Ashwell Prince (BAT)
Jacques Rudolph (BAT)
Mark Boucher (BAT) (WKT)
Boeta Dippenaar (BAT)
Herschelle Gibbs (BAT)
Hashim Amla (BAT)
AB de Villiers (BAT)

Andrew Hall (ALL)
Jacques Kallis (ALL)
Justin Kemp (ALL)

Charl Langeveldt (BOWL)
Andre Nel (BOWL)
Makhaya Ntini (BOWL)
Shaun Pollock (BOWL)

GrayNicolls said:
two coaches need to name their squads.
"I'm not naming names. But Treva and Jaztheman better name their squads soon.

isnt it three? ;) i am yet to announce the Kiwi squad! :)

NewZealand's Squad for Champions Trophy!

1) SP Fleming (captain)
2) NJ Astle
3) SE Bond
4) JEC Franklin
5) PG Fulton
6) B.Mcmillan
7) BB McCullum (wicketkeeper)
8) HJH Marshall
9) KD Mills
10) JDP Oram
11) JS Patel
12) SB Styris
13) DL Vettori
14) L Vincent
15) M.Sinclair

Leicetser Fox said:
does your squad have to be announced in batting order?

i guess, the order comes into play before evry match as there might be changes like experimentations ( especially for Jaz who likes to experiment a lots:p ) before match starts!

GrayNicolls said:
Already taken, mate. Sorry, need to update my first post. The only team left for now is Kenya. :p

And Zorax, are you sure that you want Tafadzwa Mufambisi. Wouldn't you rather Tafadzwa Kamungozi?

I'd also suggest Tawanda Mupariwa too. As he will do very well for your Zimbabwe team.
Kamungozi is a poor legspinner, Mufambisisi is my backup keeper.
And maybe Mupariwa, but he hasn't played recently, I'm not sure if he is in the current fram of things anymore.
Squad updated.

Taibu returns to Zimbabwe

Former skipper to take up the gloves for his country yet again
_40060240_taibu270.jpg

Former Zimbabwean skipper and Wicketkeeper-batsman Tatenda Taibu has announced that he is willing to return to Zimbabwean colours after a very succesful stint with Namibia, where he registered no fewer than 3 fifties, including a score of 95*, and dozens of catches behind the stumps.
"I am glad to be back" he stated. "The selectors and the coach came to me and requested that I please take part. The government has undergone changes, with Ozias Bvute and Peter Chingoka having been removed from the board, and with people who really care about cricket like Subikai Wisdom, Nahorumou Gahwire and cheif selector Zorax Doom being appointed. Zorax has been working very close with Kevin and the squad recently, and has assured us that more effort will be put into resolving the financial issues and the current domestic issues. Wisdom and Gahwire both are very wealthy men who have a deep passion for the sport, and domestic cricket has been good recently. When they requested me to come, I couldn't refuse"
The unfortunate player to be replaced by Taibu is backup keeper Tafadzwa Mufambisi, who is still expected to travel with the squad nonetheless.
"It is a bit dissapointing, but I have so much respect for the guy, it would be great to be alongside him even if I am not playing"
Taibu is also expected to skipper the side, and to replace Brendan Taylor as first choice keeper. Who he is to replace in the starting XI though, is still unknown.
Zimbabwe Post

taibu.JPG

He'll replace either Chibhabha or Matsinkenyeri most likely :)

Users who are viewing this thread