Simulation Kit : The Revival

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
But I'm thinking of making the base points non-editable once set (since it could affect ongoing leagues hosted by some another manager and this player turns out to be a part of it).
For that you can create some type of locking system... Like option for enable or disable rating edit at start of the league, so if manager want to lock the ratings he can disable the rating editor and start the league...

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Like option for enable or disable rating edit at start of the league, so if manager want to lock the ratings he can disable the rating editor and start the league...
That would create conflicts I assume.

League 1
------------------------
Player = MSD
Manager 1 locks the ratings

League 2
-----------------------------------
Player = MSD
Manager 2 wants to edit base ratings of MSD but finds out that it's locked by Manager 1

Isn't this scenario possible?

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
By locking the attributes we may have a problem, as sometimes a league manager have upgrades in leagues.
He can use modifiers to update the non-base ratings then, right?

Maybe instead of everyone using the same player, every user get an instance/copy of the player on their own account where the changes won't affect the player for everyone
Hmm, OOP at play here. Changes the DB schema a lot if this is to be implemented. Will have to think this through.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
How you want to release this sim? As a app, as a add-on or complete new site like previous one?

Akshay.

National Board President
India
Mumbai Indians
Champions League Winner
Profile Flag
India
Maybe you can have it like this (i don't know if it will be easy or difficult for you)

We make a player and share it
He will have basic info like Name, Nationality, Role, Batting Hand, Bowling Hand, Bowling Style
He will be added to the sim database for all and anyone can download it to their account
Anyone can add as many players as they want to the database but there should not be duplicates

If i want to start my league, i will download the required players to my account and if they are not available, add them to database
Then i will edit the attributes as per requirement, if a player is already used in my previous league, he can have same attributes

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Maybe you can have it like this (i don't know if it will be easy or difficult for you)

We make a player and share it
He will have basic info like Name, Nationality, Role, Batting Hand, Bowling Hand, Bowling Style
He will be added to the sim database for all and anyone can download it to their account
Anyone can add as many players as they want to the database but there should not be duplicates

If i want to start my league, i will download the required players to my account and if they are not available, add them to database
Then i will edit the attributes as per requirement, if a player is already used in my previous league, he can have same attributes
That is what Till Valhalla is referring to as well if I understood him correctly. And this is what was present in SimKi v1.

How you want to release this sim? As a app, as a add-on or complete new site like previous one?
Will be an add-on since it will be tied to Xen2. However, talks with the site owners are still pending so nothing is confirmed at this stage.

Till Valhalla

ICC Chairman
The Boys
Profile Flag
Papua New Guinea
He can use modifiers to update the non-base ratings then, right?

Hmm, OOP at play here. Changes the DB schema a lot if this is to be implemented. Will have to think this through.
Like how cricket 19 have players everybody can add to the mega database.

Ohm

User Title Purchaser
The first dry run of simulation.

NOT taking format, rating points, pitch, home advantage, bowler type or batsman type into account - pure 100% random results.

Over 1-2
View attachment 239636

Over 3-4

View attachment 239637

Over 5-6

View attachment 239638

Over 7-8

View attachment 239639

Over 9-10

View attachment 239640
Just saw this, looks very interesting. Just try to reduce frequency of threes though. :p

Users who are viewing this thread