Story Sixes World League: India Sixes - Game 10 has been posted

There is a live feed now going for the Asia-Pacific finals just go into my signature and you will be in

It takes me to chat mode, is there an option to view the progress? I guess for the story - you might have to make a scorecard and capture few key commentary lines as time zone difference would be there for our PC readers to catch up the things happening in the match. :)

However, just a suggestion - it is up to you for taking up the storyline like how you planned. :)

It takes me to chat mode, is there an option to view the progress? I guess for the story - you might have to make a scorecard and capture few key commentary lines as time zone difference would be there for our PC readers to catch up the things happening in the match. :)

However, just a suggestion - it is up to you for taking up the storyline like how you planned. :)

Yeah something different though, but what I need to see some stuff to check it out, cause at the moment I need to somehow make it work. That is why I might need to do some stuff when I am off the internet.

Plus also I am only do half the matches with commentary just to keep the strand off me cause I am thinking of doing two matches a day and with me back at school then it won't help me commentate all the matches

Yea getting commentary for all the matches would be too much challenging. Probably only key matches or key deliveries( wickets/milestones ) might relieve you along with some writing up. Good luck again. :thumbs

October 3, 2007 (Dubai)
Bangladesh take home the Asia-Pacific Championship
Bangladesh has taken home the 2007 Asia-Pacific Championship today in Dubai, after defeating Papua New Guinea by only 11 runs. Shakib Al Hasan (2-8) won the game for Bangladesh by taking 2 wickets in the final over to win the match.

With of both of these nations through to compete in Hong Kong early next year it was all of the title as Bangladesh won the toss and did elected to bat and it wasn't the best of starts with Mushfique Rahim (3) nicking the ball into Arua Uda hands to make Bangladesh lose their first wicket. Next ball and the new batsman of Mohammad Ashraful (27) smacking Dikana over long on for six with Tamin Iqbal (17) hitting another six on the last ball of the over.

That was until Jamie Brazier (2-11) came in and took two wickets in two balls to shaken the match up as he removed Tamin Iqbal and Shakib Al Hasan bails to soften the Bangladesh batting lineup into a crumbling 3/38 after only 3 overs in the match. Next over it was the Reza show as he smacked two big sixes into the crowd.

Chris Amini (1-11) eventually got rid of Ashraful for 27 after keeping the ball the low for Ashraful to missed and LBW could of been avoided but it wasn't. Ziaur Rahman defend the final ball of the innings and Bangladesh set the target of 70 to be chased down. For Papua New Guinea the target would be the highest to chase down after defeating Hong Kong in the qualifer.

Much like the Bangladesh innings, Papua New Guinea opening pair of Uda and Amini played a cautious approach in the first over but unlike their opposition their second over they didn't lose an wicket but was behind the eight ball early in their innings, but this is a team that are against a test nation and keeping up the difference is good.

Arua Uda kept the PNG cricket team in the hunt with a six before miss judging the next ball to end in one direction which was straight up and Reza had the easy catch into his hands to make the PNG lose their first wicket of the match. The cautious apporach continued for PNG but not Chirs Amini (23) has he tried to go on the attack after taking Ashraful over his head for six to keep any hope of a win in sight for the team on the final over.

Jamie Brazier was the first to go with Tamin Iqbal taking the catch. Papua New Guinea needed 18 runs from 4 balls. It didn't look good as the first two balls was only sevens runs with Chris Amini needing to take two sixes to win the match. Unfortualey it was game over when Shakib Al Hasan made the ball nick Chris Amini bat to end the game for Bangladesh. Bangladesh not only going to Hong Kong for the biggest event of the season, but to take home the title of the Asia-Pacific Championship. Papua New Guinea on the other hand, would be proud on making this far into the competition but falling short would be heart breaking.

Bangladesh 4-69 (5)
Mohammad Ashraful 27 (11)
Farhaz Reza 22* (6)
Jamie Brazier 2-11

Papua New Guinea 3-58 (5)
Chris Amini 22 (10)
Arua Uda 20 (10)
Shakib Al Hasan 2-8

The Early matches
Group A: Oman vs. Hong Kong
Group B: Papua New Guinea vs. Fiji
United Arab Emirates vs. Bangladesh
Group A: Hong Kong vs. Bangladesh
Group B: Fiji vs. United Arab Emirates
Papua New Guinea vs. Oman
Hong Kong vs. Fiji
Group A: Oman vs. Bangladesh
Group B: Papua New Guinea vs. United Arab Emirates
Semi Final 1: Hong Kong vs. United Arab Emirates
Semi Final 2: Bangladesh vs. Papua New Guinea
5th place playoff: Oman vs. Fiji
Qualifer: Hong Kong vs. Papua New Guinea

Last edited:
This is going to be the schedule for the India Sixes in terms of posting

Today: South Africa vs. Bangladesh, Australia vs. Zimbabwe
Monday 14th: Sri Lanka vs. Scotland, West Indies vs. Kenya
Tuesday 15th: Scotland vs. India, Zimbabwe vs. England
Wednesday 16th: Kenya vs. Pakistan, Bangladesh vs. New Zealand
Thursday 17th: New Zealand vs. South Africa, West Indies vs. Pakistan
Friday 18th: England vs. Australia, India vs. Sri Lanka
Saturday 19th: Bowl SF
Sunday 20th: Plate SF
Monday 21st: Cup SF1
Tuesday 22nd: Cup SF2
Friday 25th: 11th place and Bowl F
Saturday 26th: 7th place and Plate F
Sunday 27th: 3rd place
Monday 28th: Cup F

So that is the posting, the first game of the season with South Africa versus Bangladesh

EDIT: Will be only doing one match a day, because of school commits and will posting two games at a time

EDIT 2: Just posting whatever I feel like

Last edited:
Yea, that was the beautiful victory by Bangla against PNG. But, they won Hongkong as well in finals?

Awaiting for few upset wins caused by Bangla soon. :D

October 10, 2007 (Delhi)
South Africa vs. Bangladesh
In one of the more weird of games, Bangladesh has taken the first match of the India Sixes after it was the Shakib Al Hasan show as he dominated the match from start to finish with a 2-9 and a 45 run display to get the MOTM.

It was a slow start for the South Africans as two early wickets fell with Petersen and Philander both going cheaply from brilliant deliveries of Rahmana and Ashraful to put South Africa in a little bit of trouble at 2-9 from only 1.5 over?s in the match. Two quick boundaries in succession helped the cause but Shakib Al Hasan thought of something else as two wickets in three balls made Bangladesh in a confirmable position.

Albie Morkel then went on the attack to rescue the match for the South Africans to set a decent target for the Bangladesh to chase down. The target for Bangladesh to get was 60 runs with the run rate at 2 an ball. Albie Morkel scored the highest of the innings with a mammoth 38 runs with the next batsman down being Botha on 13.

The Bangladesh innings got off to the worst start with Johan Botha collecting three of the players in the opening over to put Bangladesh on a bad foot with Iqbal, Siddique and Ashraful all falling victim to the Botha pace and with Bangladesh in a trouble state to be at 3-8 and motto in a low state. Musfique Rahim did try to get Bangladesh back, but an error costing his wicket.

Then it became the Shakib Al Hasan show as he became the attack with destroying Vernon Philander out of the park for 3 sixes in a row after two fours in the first two balls. This was to not only end the game but maybe all chances for South Africa to qualfie through to the Cup SF, for Bangladesh though their chances of making it through has dramatic increased for them. So the next game will be the Australia against Zimbabwe where Zimbabwe won the previous game in the T20WC Group stage.

109657.2.jpg

It was the Shakib Al Hasan show with a MOTM performance

Code:
South Africa batting
Alviro Petersen 	c Iqbal 	b Rahman	2 (4) (1-3)
Albie Morkel				not out		38 (14)	1x4, 3x6
Vernon Philander 			b Ashraful 	3 (4) (2-9)
Richard Levi 		c Rahim		b Al Hasan	4 (2) (3-22) 1x4
Heino Kuhn 		c Iqbal		b Al Hasan	0 (2) (4-22)
Johan Botha				not out		13 (4) 1x6
						Total:	4-60 (5)

Bangladesh Bowling
Ziaur Rahman 1-3
Mohammad Ashraful 1-10
Shakib Al Hasan 2-9
Junaid Siddique 0-19
Tamin Iqbal 0-19

Bangladesh batting
Tamin Iqbal 				b Botha		6 (3) (1-6) 1x4
Musfique Rahim 				b Petersen	9 (3) (4-26) 1x6
Junaid Siddique 	c Morkel 	b Botha		0 (1) (2-6)
Mohammad Ashraful	c Levi		b Botha		2 (2) (3-8)
Shakib Al Hasan 			not out		45 (11) (3x4, 4x6)
Ziaur Rahman 0 (0)			not out		0 (0)
						Total:	4-62 (3.2)

South Africa Bowling
Johan Botha 3-8
Alviro Petersen 1-18
Vernon Philander 0-29
Albie Morkel 0-7 (0.2)

I guess, in 6s league matches - batsmen would retire out after crossing 30 runs. :p But yea, it's sim which we can't do much about it. :) Well bowled, Bangla! :D

October 10, 2007 (Delhi)
Australia vs. Zimbabwe
Australia has opened their account in the India Sixes with a one wicket win over the Zimbabweans which came into the final over. Cullen Bailey scoring the winning runs to begin the account.

Australia won the toss and in a shock elected to bowl as they were hoping to made their opposition only score 50 or under. But by the first over, that plan went out the window with Shaun Tait bowling being all over the place but he did get rid of the captain Brendan Taylor for only one.

Adam Voges first delievery was a brilliant display with Hamilton Masakadza couldn't picking it. His bowling being only at 1.6 per ball. Michael Hussey also keeping his line and length to a consist performance but unlike Voges, Justice Chibhabha kept the runs moving with most two runs in each ball.

Dan Cullen struggled in his over where he got smacked for 17 runs, before Cullen Bailey eventually got rid of Justice Chibhabha from a easy catch into Michael Hussey hands to end the day for Chibhabha. The final target that Australia needed was 62 runs at 12 an over.

Michael Hussey immentaly went on the attack trying to chase these runs down but he went one too far with a slower ball from Mpofu taking out the stumps. Adam Voges was then the next to go from an LBW which would easily taken out the middle stump aswell and Australia was having worries on maybe not going as fast.

Then trouble hit with Justice Chibhabha causing all sort of trouble with Masakadza and Chigumbura helping out the cause for the Zimbabweans to put Australia in a what position for the team. This problem being Bailey and Tait to plan with only their wicket remaining. They tried to keep the run rate going in the fourth over with 13 runs being scored on Chigumbura.

With only six balls to get sevens runs you would think they would be preserve and try to find the gaps. No one said that Cullen Bailey as he went on the attack with t he first two balls being a 2 and 4. The scores tied and Bailey went for the six to end the game for Australia. He hit th ball in the middle of the bat and it flew as the ball was no where in sight as it went into the crowd and for Australia a win to open the account.

Revenge was sweet for the Australians after losing against them in the T20WC and with a break in the next group matchday they will be relieved. Zimbabwe on the other hand will need to win against England to have a chance of making it through to the Cup semis or will be elimated from point contention.

brendan_taylor_1845586i.jpg

Elton Chigumbura scored the highest but still didn't win for Team Zimbabwe

Code:
Zimbabwe batting
Brendan Taylor		c Smith		b Tait		1 (2)		 (1-4)
Hamilton Masakadza			b Voges		3 (2)		 (2-14)
Elton Chigumbura			not out		29 (11) (2x4, 1x6)
Justice Chibhabha	c Hussey	b Bailey	25 (13) (1x4, 1x6) (3-58)
Sean Williams				not out		3 (1)
					Total:		3-61 (5)

Australia bowling
Shaun Tait 1-14
Adam Voges 1-8
Michael Hussey 0-12
Dan Cullen 0-17
Cullen Bailey 1-10

Australia batting
Michael Hussey				b Mpofu		22 (6) (1x4, 3x6) (1-22)
Adam Voges		lbw		b Williams	4 (3) (1x4) (2-26)
Daniel Smith		c Masakadza	b Chibhabha	4 (3) (1x4) (3-39)
Dan Cullen		c Chigumbura	b Chibhabha	9 (4) (1x4) (4-40)
Cullen Bailey				not out		23 (7) (1x4, 1x6)
Shaun Tait				not out		5 (3)
					Total:		4-67 (4.3)

Zimbabwe bowling
Christopher Mpfou 1-22
Sean Williams 1-13
Justice Chibhabha 2-7
Elton Chigumbura 0-13
Hamilton Masakadza 0-12 (0.3)

Last edited:
October 10, 2007 (Delhi)
Sri Lanka vs. Scotland
Sri Lanka has got off to an easy start in Group C of the India Sixes after a comfortable 45 run win against the lowly ranked Scotland. A good step for the Sri Lanka into the Cup SF.

Scotland though won the toss on the same wicket which produced 60-70 scores in the other two games, but that went out in the window in the first over with Chamara Kapugedera doing the smashing from Nel to put Scotland on the back foot straight away. The second over was much like the first, but in the third ball Farveez Maharoof played a shocker of a shot with it hitting straight back to Watson.

Gordon Drummond tried to play it safe in the third over with only letting nine runs through which would bring the conference in with Majid Haq getting rid of Jayawardene in the second ball of his over from a catch of Colin Smith. But Kapugedera though tried to keep his hand in the game with another six.

Neil McCallum did hold off his over with the final result being a trouble state for Scotland to chase down as the target was in the eightys for the first time. Scotland needed something to pull out of the bag and it got off to a shocker off a start with both Watson and Haq falling for the Malinga Bandara bowling to put Scotland in trouble att 2-14.

The two batsman on the crease with McCallum and Smith holding off Kulasekara bowling but then Perera got rid off Smith and then Drummond in consective balls to end all hope for Scotland. In the end Farveez Maharoof ended the innings as Nel couldn't get the ball and for Sri Lanka a big step into the Cup Semi Finals. Scotland though will be a massive win against India to have any hope of taking home the chance for points.

000_Del6105710.jpg

Chamara Kapugedera being the difference in this match

Code:
Sri Lanka batting
Chamara Kapugedera			not out		48 (18) (2x4, 4x6)
Farveez Maharoof			c & b Watson	8 (3) (1x6) (1-34)
Prasanna Jayawardene	c Smith		b Haq		16 (5) (1x4, 2x6) (2-56)
Dilruwan Perera 			not out		12 (4) (2x4)
					Total:		2-84 (5)

Scotland bowling
Dewald Nel 0-26
Ryan Watson 1-20
Gordon Drummond 0-9
Majid Haq 1-15
Neil McCallum 0-12

Scotland batting
Ryan Watson				b Bandara	8 (4) (1x6) (1-8)
Neil McCallum				not out		10 (4)
Majid Haq		c Perera	b Bandra	6 (2) (1x6) (2-14)
Colin Smith		c Maharoof	b Perea		9 (6) (3-30)
Gordon Drummond		lbw		b Perea		0 (1) (4-30)
Dewald Nel				b Maharoof	4 (2) (1x4) (5-37)
					Total:		All Out 37 (3.2)

Sri Lanka bowling
Malinga Bandara 2-14
Nuwan Kulasekara 0-12
Dilruwan Perera 2-8
Farveez Maharoof 1-3 (0.2)

I'm interested in what game you are using to play/sim these matches? I've never known a cricket game that had a six a side mode.

Leftie, he is using the sim that he mentioned below. It looked like having some live feeds as well during simming :)

I am using the same sim which I used for my league with random.org and hoping that it doesn't backfire on me.

Users who are viewing this thread