Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

Have FIFA installed on my PC, however my laptop doesn't have a DVD drive to install the same. How do I install it on my laptop?

I copied the entire game's contents from my PC to a USB flash drive and finally pasted it on my laptop. Yet it says 're-install correctly'.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Have FIFA installed on my PC, however my laptop doesn't have a DVD drive to install the same. How do I install it on my laptop?

I copied the entire game's contents from my PC to a USB flash drive and finally pasted it on my laptop. Yet it says 're-install correctly'.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

If you have a decent net connection then you can just install the origin on your lappy and login with your Origin account. Then origin will recognize that you don't have FIFA installed so it will start downloading it. Hardly 4 hours will be required.

----------

Or a better way is to connect the two pc's using LAN cable and share the DVD drive of the PC. Then Lappy can use it to install the FIFA. I know this works as i have done the opposite. My PC's drive is dead for years, so i use Lappy's DVD drive to install anything on my PC ;)

You'll need Origin anyway, so if you can wait, just leave it downloading and it'll all be sorted :)

For those using Google Chrome as your default web browser, does visiting twitter or wikipedia kill/crash your browser temporarily? Been facing this problem for a while now...

For those using Google Chrome as your default web browser, does visiting twitter or wikipedia kill/crash your browser temporarily? Been facing this problem for a while now...

Nope.

Never experienced such issues.

Another problem now lol:

This's how facebook appears on my laptop ONLY while using Google chrome. Can't get past that page at all. Works like a charm for Mozilla, etc, though.

570258929.png

I had purchased a Transcend Jet Flash 700 USB 3.0 16 GB Pendrive from Flipkart in mid September 2011. The pendrive is not even a year old.

Yesterday I inserted my pendrive in a friend's laptop to transfer files of around 1.5GB. The pendrive had more than 10GB free space. 70-80% of the transfer was done but then his laptop's battery drained off and the laptop obviously got shut down. Since then, whenever I insert my pendrive in any device the blue light on it blinks for around 10 seconds and then the light turns off too. The pendrive is not detected.

I have tried reading the pendrive on my friend's laptop, on my laptop and my tablet too. On each device, the pendrive's light blinks for about 10 seconds but nothing happens.

Please help, is there any way by which I can fix it?

Hmm might well be buggered.

Never supposed to take USB storage devices out without safely ejecting them first, so to have done so when it was actually writing to it could have buggered it completely.

If you have proof of purchase, could try and moan that it just stopped working and you want a new one :p

----------

If speaking to them doesn't work. Find the hottest girl you know, give her the receipt and ask her to go in and then cry until she gets a new one :)

Either email who you bought it off, or the supplier saying you bought this USB stick within the last year and it has failed, you are highly dissapointed etc and would like a replacement.

They might tell you to sod off, but it can't hurt to try :)

----------

Did it come with any kind of year warranty or anything? A lot of electronic products have something to provide a bit of protection for faulty products (or users heh).

----------

The one on Amazon says - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Transcend-JetFlash-Super-Speed-Flash/dp/tech-data/B004HC98C8/ref=de_a_smtd

limited lifetime warranty*

So it may well have something that allows you to replace it either with the people you initially bought it from or the suppliers themselves. Good luck dude.

It came with a lifetime warranty, but I guess it won't help if I send a mail to the supplier (Flipkart), as their job was just to sell the device to me.
I guess I will need to contact Transcend directly but have no idea of what the right procedure is.

I'd contact the supplier first. Sometimes they have a deal with the manufacturer or can put you in touch with the right person :)

Otherwise, website of the company that makes it should have some kind of contact us/rma process.

Users who are viewing this thread