Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

I have sent an e-mail to Flipkart. Let's see what the reply is. Will post what the outcome turns out to be. :)

Alright this is the reply I got from Flipkart. I guess I'll have to contact Transcend directly. Thanks for all the help. :)

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you due to receipt of defective Pen Drive. We would like to inform you that all physical products sold at Flipkart.com are covered under our 30 Day Replacement Policy. Since your order is already crossed 30 days we are unable to process replacement. We request you to kindly visit your nearest Transcend service centre for the further assistance.

We appreciate your kind cooperation and understanding in this regard.

The supplier is still responsible for supplying defective goods to you though regardless of their "guarantees" or "warranties". Under British law they'd be responsible for electrical items not going defective for a reasonable period of time as long as the fault wasn't your fault. Reasonable period of time for electrical items is generally taken as 5 years.

No idea what the law is in India haha.

The supplier is still responsible for supplying defective goods to you though regardless of their "guarantees" or "warranties". Under British law they'd be responsible for electrical items not going defective for a reasonable period of time as long as the fault wasn't your fault. Reasonable period of time for electrical items is generally taken as 5 years.
The pendrive wasn't defective. And I think that Flipkart (the supplier) hasn't done anything wrong by sending that reply, after all their job was just to sell the right product and they did that.
And don't forget that it was actually my (end user's) fault that the laptop wasn't charged during the file transfer.

Flipkart have admitted in their reply to you that the pen drive was defective. When purchasing goods it is also the sellers duty to make sure that the product works for a reasonable amount of time. I'd personally argue in this case it hasn't lasted a reasonable amount of time. The fact that his battery drained shouldn't effect the pendrive itself. I'd expect the files to be corrupted but not it to stop working.

Last edited:
Yudi... it's defective dammit. You have no idea why it stopped working remember. NO IDEA!!!

Yudi... it's defective dammit. You have no idea why it stopped working remember. NO IDEA!!!
Yeah I know that's what I have got to say to Transcend. :p
I am gonna visit a Transcend Service Center here in Mumbai probably today or tomorrow and get the pendrive replaced.

It came with a lifetime warranty, but I guess it won't help if I send a mail to the supplier (Flipkart), as their job was just to sell the device to me.
I guess I will need to contact Transcend directly but have no idea of what the right procedure is.

I faced the same problem with Seagate freeagent goflex 200GB External Hard drive.
Then I asked for repairing it in the shop I bought.But they send that to Seagate official workshop and replaced it with 320GB one!
But i lost all the data. :(

53113036.jpg

See at the bottom about genuine windows failure there is an option of resolving it but it is asking money any way to get rid of this.

See at the bottom about genuine windows failure there is an option of resolving it but it is asking money any way to get rid of this.

Its possible.But I'll be banned if said that here.Coz thats illegal method.

I faced the same problem with Seagate freeagent goflex 200GB External Hard drive.
Then I asked for repairing it in the shop I bought.But they send that to Seagate official workshop and replaced it with 320GB one!
But i lost all the data.
I am not worried for the data as the pendrive pretty much served like a back-up drive for me and the data it had (or rather has) is in my laptop too.

53113036.jpg

Did you use a legitimate copy of windows to install it?

Users who are viewing this thread