Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

In India everyone installs such copies. :p

If actual shops and businesses are installing cracked copies of windows and selling them as fresh installations that's pretty appalling.

If actual shops and businesses are installing cracked copies of windows and selling them as fresh installations that's pretty appalling.

Thats the ground reality of Indian markets. Unless you are buying your PC from some showroom or authorized dealer you would end up with a pirated version of windows.

Thats the ground reality of Indian markets. Unless you are buying your PC from some showroom or authorized dealer you would end up with a pirated version of windows.

Well if India has genuine hopes of being considered a legitimate business market that will soon stop :p

Exactly,But even most of the authorized dealers in our area recommends pirated ones-They say actually there is no such positives in having genuine one!

----------

You may be a guy in 5% of them who uses genuine ones.Even in that 2.5%,they are free ones which they get for free while buying new lappy.

Which is why the software industry will ignore India until it sorts itself. Which is a shame, because until they recognise India we also won't see a truly awesome cricket game.

You may be a guy in 5% of them who uses genuine ones.Even in that 2.5%,they are free ones which they get for free while buying new lappy.
From where did you get these stats? I'm 100% sure that at least 20% of the users or even more than that use genuine copy of Windows.

And the ones which come with laptops aren't completely free. Some companies include the price of the OS to some extent and then give the final price of the product. That's why there are some laptops which come without any OS too and are priced at a lower rate. People who generally use Ubuntu or any other free operating systems purchase such notebooks.

----------

And as far as the shopkeepers installing pirated copies is concerned, well, the user certainly knows that copy is not genuine as those shopkeepers hardly charge you Rs. 500 (approx. USD 10) and everyone knows that you cannot get the genuine copy for that price.

I downloaded FM12 a few months back. I was able to get in and play it, but only very slowly on very limited settings due to my old computer. I've just improved my computer a bit, but now when I try to play it I get "This game is currently unavailable". I've found the Steam FAQ for that message, but I don't really understand it. Can anyone help me please. I'm currently downloading what I think is the latest driver for my ancient graphics setup, but I don't want to make matters worse.

Downloaded how? A legitimate copy through Steam? If through Steam I'd suggest just removing the game and reinstalling it (obviously stick your save files somewhere safe). Although before that try verifying the game cache through steam and as you are doing, updating all your drivers :)

----------

Also, what have you changed since you last played it? What has been updated component wise?

Downloaded how? A legitimate copy through Steam? If through Steam I'd suggest just removing the game and reinstalling it (obviously stick your save files somewhere safe). Although before that try verifying the game cache through steam and as you are doing, updating all your drivers :)

----------

Also, what have you changed since you last played it? What has been updated component wise?
Thanks for the reply. I accidentally downloaded it again (yes through Steam) and now it works.

hey guys can anyone help me with the Ashes Cricket 2009 problem with my pc? I'm playing the game since 8-9 months and it worked fine for me.Just a month ago,i tried to start the game but it didn't.It was using the maximum CPU usage ,i could only stop the process using the task manager.I tried Reinstalling&System Restore but didn't work.Any help would be appreciated :)

is it possible to make 32 bit compatible with 64 bit?
because i want it for syuder rehman sim but i dont like using dos box again and again

HDD Slow Transfer Speed / No Option for PIO/DMA

Hey guys,

I'm hoping someone here can help me with my problem my HDD speed is really slow for extracting a 1.2G file the speed is no longer higher then 2149kbs and it takes 40 - 50 minutes to extract.

I've done my research in what it could be so i checked if the drive was in PIO mode, but when i go to device manager - IDE settings, i have two channels; ATA channel 0 and ATA channel 1 when i go to advanced settings on both of them it does not have any devices listed... now i'm running out of ideas on what to do, i've done a fresh installation off windows 7 aswell.

P.S - im not very experienced with PC's so i don't know all this BIOS stuff.

Hope you guys can help.

Users who are viewing this thread