Solve your computer problem with the help of experts!

Go to command prompt, (Win + R, type cmd, enter)
I'm assuming your pendrive letter to be F:

In the command prompt window, type this command:
attrib -h -r -s /s /d F:\*.*
This will make all the hidden/system files visible. Now, copy all the files you need (make sure you do not copy the shortcuts).
Delete the autorun.inf file, and try formatting.

----------

if you're unable to delete the aurorun.inf file, use this tool :
Security software (Free download)

You can use command promt to format the pendrive as well, which is a safer way.
Type format F: /X (if the pendrive letter is F), follow the instructions, and it would format the pendrive.

Go to command prompt, (Win + R, type cmd, enter)
I'm assuming your pendrive letter to be F:

In the command prompt window, type this command:
attrib -h -r -s /s /d F:\*.*
This will make all the hidden/system files visible. Now, copy all the files you need (make sure you do not copy the shortcuts).
Delete the autorun.inf file, and try formatting.
This helped me to deal with the shortcut virus months ago, so should work.:thumbs

Thanks guys im trying.

----------

There is no autorun.inf file. But now all folders are visible.

----------

BUT not still formatting.

did you try the tool I linked?

Its anitivirus isnt it? I have Avast.
When i used attrib method , all folders were visible but the size of each and every folder is same 664kb. And when i tried to format by using cmd prompt , it says please insert a new drive and press enter. Nothing happening. Now trying SD formatter .

SD formatter did the work :thumbs
But my pc is full of virus . Again that kind of virus is seen in memory.

Just fully scan your pc and remove viruses.I think windows defender can also do it for you if its updated.BTW how you all get your pc full of viruses.My PC is 6 years old(Dell Inspiron 660s) and so far not a single virus.huh.

Last edited:
It's all because of my friend's pendrive. I was taking good care of my pc for last 8 months. but now all messed up. don't have any kind of storage device to backup all important files. Need to format it.

I am facing a BSOD(Blue Screen Of Death) error and the error is "THREAD_WORKER_RETURNED_AT_BAD_IRQL" I have tried many solutions of it but none of them worked for me.Is someone over here who can help me?Thanks.
Is there any way to take snapshot of my pc screen when it is booting. @Abhas or anyone

Last edited:
I am facing a BSOD(Blue Screen Of Death) error and the error is "THREAD_WORKER_RETURNED_AT_BAD_IRQL" I have tried many solutions of it but none of them worked for me.Is someone over here who can help me?Thanks.
Is there any way to take snapshot of my pc screen when it is booting. @Abhas or anyone

First of all, what is the version of windows you have?
Do you have two Anti Virus programs installed? Because, this BSOD is caused due to the software clash mostly. Try to access advanced boot options and try Last Known Good Configuration, if it does not work, try to do a system restore via safe mode with command prompt using the command rstrui.exe, do these and let me know if you find any success.

First of all, what is the version of windows you have?
Do you have two Anti Virus programs installed? Because, this BSOD is caused due to the software clash mostly. Try to access advanced boot options and try Last Known Good Configuration, if it does not work, try to do a system restore via safe mode with command prompt using the command rstrui.exe, do these and let me know if you find any success.

I will try it and get back here ASAP.Actually was in Bokaro&Ranchi for 3 days.

My PC showing " windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt :
\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM
You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD-ROM.
Select 'r' at the first screen to start repair."
Any help ?

I think I should format. :( . I will lose all of my stuffs. Dead!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread