South Africa in Australia

Gibbs is very defensive. First run came off 14 balls.

And just as I type this, he hits a four.

and now hes out

south africas 2 best batsman are now gone!!! australia will bring it on home from here

2 down at lunch. Still very even, DeVilliers look very comfortable today and shown he has great talent. Hopefully he can build onto a cantury with some good backup from Rudolph, Kemp and the other middle-lower order batsman's.

ZexyZahid said:
That's not much for Australia, I think. But I in the weekend there will be more crowd.

This is interesting. I hope they don't drop him away like Martyn.

Gilly showing signs of decline
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17593815-23212,00.html

Alot of 'experts' were saying that Matty Hayden was on a fast decline not so long ago, then he reeled off 4 tons in four matches, and an 87 not out in the match after it...... Test cricketers are (usually) supremely talented but they aren't robots. I'm sure with Gilly his best days are behind him, and a huge workload coupled with having to be apart from a young family would be a burden, but he still has plenty to offer the Australian cricket side. I really think they should rest him from more ODI matches though.

South Africa 4/146, Lee really deserved that second wicket, had drawn numerous edges prior to that one.

edit: more poor luck for Lee, had Prince trapped plumb in front, not given.

Last edited:
Sando said:
Alot of 'experts' were saying that Matty Hayden was on a fast decline not so long ago, then he reeled off 4 tons in four matches, and an 87 not out in the match after it...... Test cricketers are (usually) supremely talented but they aren't robots. I'm sure with Gilly his best days are behind him, and a huge workload coupled with having to be apart from a young family would be a burden, but he still has plenty to offer the Australian cricket side. I really think they should rest him from more ODI matches though.

Personally I think that Gilchrist should be given some time off in some matches during the VB series. Or should have during the Chappell-Hadlee series. It gives a chance to a new wicketkeeper to show his abilities.

And as I expected Australia would hit back. South Africa (53.0 Ovs) and trail by 89 runs. This match will be over on the fourth day. Big plus is that there will be a result, no matter who wins.

moza1 said:
I was at the ground and they made lots of noise.
Did you see the reception Hussey got when he came out to bat.

That's pretty cool. The match is in Perth, right? Got any autographs?

Lee's figures are really unfortunate, though he has gotten some success, he is bowling really well. Should be more like 3/50 or 4/50. I think after this match, they will give him more slips, so confidence in him evokes confidence from him.

Still, I am confident RSA will reach 258. Prince has been at the crease too long to squander his innings, I hope he is still around at the end of the innings, because this is a pitch that deserves totals greater than 300.

Warne gets the record wicket! He has now taken the most wickets in a year by overcoming Lillee.

If he somehow takes another 14 wickets in this and next match he will have 100 wickets in a year. :eek:

14 wickets in two matches against a team not renowned for it's ability to play leg spin, I think that's a possibility.

Including next match Warne needs to get 14 of the 34 possible remaining wickets. He could do it.

Seeing the stats on tv shows that Donald was the guy that took the players that took the 3rd most (80 Wickets) at the 2nd lowest ave of 19.63

Warne deserves it...he's a good bowler

But Warne should stop his remarks towards the batsmen,because if he does that to Kemp in an ODI,he will regret it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread