South Africa in Australia

It looks like both teams can't handle the bounce or something. Hopefully the Aussies fair better this time round. Poor Hussey his average is below 100. I hope he hasn't peaked already.

vibs89 said:
Don't worry Ntini and Pollock will take an early breakthrough wickets. So watch out Aussie.
I agree with you Vibs. Don't ever underestimate the Proteas!!! Ntini and Pollock surly can do what Lee did.
This is going to be a great match!!! Can't wait for the 3rd day play to start.

And somehow Langevedt( Sorry for mispelled) and Andrew Nel can take wickets too. They have 4 seamers which is very good for them.

Good batting by Lee and Langer. Lee just got out. Australia: 86/2 (24.4 ov)

What a shocking no ball decision. Foot clearly behind the line. I was gonna talk about th umpires being perfect so far this match but Doctrove have made a very bad decision.

kodos said:
What a shocking no ball decision. Foot clearly behind the line. I was gonna talk about th umpires being perfect so far this match but Doctrove have made a very bad decision.

Almost as bad as Bucknor not giving Boucher out after a massive deflection off the glove.....

It's a crucial call the no-ball, Shane Warne would have a Test hundred to his name if he wasn't incorrectly given out caught on the boundary (delivery was clearly a no-ball).

Doctrove is inexperianced. It doesn't excuse him. But its understandable. The commentators comments that he was standing far from the stumps. Thats a good point which I hope gets recognised.

Sando said:
Almost as bad as Bucknor not giving Boucher out after a massive deflection off the glove.....

It's a crucial call the no-ball, Shane Warne would have a Test hundred to his name if he wasn't incorrectly given out caught on the boundary (delivery was clearly a no-ball).

True but it wasn't all that costly in the end and also a few replays showed it may have hit the wrist area, but it was pretty bad sportsmanship when Boucher shooked his head to the umpire. The wicket of Ponting could of been crucial to the Saffas chances for this match and it was a ripper of a catch as well by Rudolph.

3 down now. Gingerbread man aka Pollock picks up the vital wickte of Langer after lunch.

SA in with a real big chance !
This looks the weakest Aussie batting lineup in many years .
Bring in Martyn !

I'm not sure dis is d weakest one.
I mean look at Hussey,Hodge they r brilliant and hav waited 4 a long time 2 get into Aus team.
I'm not sure of Symmonds ability for playing test cricket yet. Otherwise its a strong batting line-up.

Can't see the Saffas winning this now. Another touring team which dominated one day or starting well but then fails later on in the match. They had a real chance at tea but the hussey and hodge partnership has been to good.

The top order is strong as usual and it has good backup with hussey and hodge. Symonds should be out of the team and will prbably be replaced with watson when he returns.

Users who are viewing this thread