South Africa in Australia

aditya123 said:
SA in with a real big chance !
This looks the weakest Aussie batting lineup in many years .
Bring in Martyn !

Martyn deserves to be in the team no doubt, but blokes like Hussey and Hodge also deserve a place. It would be an unfair criticism of their exceptional talents to call this the weakest Aussie batting lineup produced in many years. They have been standouts on the Pura Cup scene for a long period and anyone who knows anything about cricket knows that it is a very strong level of competition.

What I liked about these two today was that there were no unnecessarily aggressive shots, they played very watchfully until the bowlers worked themselves into a position of impotence late in the day, and then stepped up the scoring rate.

South Africa were always going to have to field well to stay in the race with this Australian team and they have been pretty ordinary in that department.

Bowlers toiled well today, gotta feel for Charl, could have easily had 4 or 5 wickets if circumstances hadn't conspired against him, thought he stuck to his task beautifully. Pollock has looked a spent force to me for a while and wasn't that dangerous today. Ntini was good but wasn't helped by the Aussie batsmen like he was in the first dig. Nel was terrific again for the majority of the day, making runs really tough to come by, though I was expecting a little more pace and bounce from him.

Dissapointing WACA pitch though really, it was one place that had retained its character over the years, but the pace and bounce we're used to seeing hasn't been at all evident over the past couple of days....

was the most boring days play i've been to since.....friday. Snail pace stuff, but I guess i'm still happy we're now dictating terms. But atleast i got some sweet ass sunburn to take to work this week. That no-ball decision was an absolute shocker - that was a massive let off for the aussies - another slip from what's been the worst year of umpiring i can remember.

would love to have seen marto out there - that pitch is full of runs, but no one seems to be able to handle it too well. a few more wa boys in the team and it's a 600 pitch without a worry. the aussies are just lucky they held all of their chances in SA's first dig...the SAicans can't catch a cold at the moment.

But predictable domination by australia I guess - unbeatable at home.

Aussie really are in well control. Good partnership between Hodge and Hussey put them on top.

valvolux said:
was the most boring days play i've been to since.....friday. Snail pace stuff, but I guess i'm still happy we're now dictating terms. But atleast i got some sweet ass sunburn to take to work this week. That no-ball decision was an absolute shocker - that was a massive let off for the aussies - another slip from what's been the worst year of umpiring i can remember.

would love to have seen marto out there - that pitch is full of runs, but no one seems to be able to handle it too well. a few more wa boys in the team and it's a 600 pitch without a worry. the aussies are just lucky they held all of their chances in SA's first dig...the SAicans can't catch a cold at the moment.

But predictable domination by australia I guess - unbeatable at home.

Billy Doctrove is a pathetic excuse of an umpire. ICC should at least see an umpire's previous record. That same SOB cost pakistan the maiden test series victory when he did not give jimmy adams out when he had clearly nicked to the keeper (in 2002-2003 i guess, Pakistan in WI)
ICC sucks

It's hot and tiring out on the WACA ground and there's no spinner out there to give the quickies a good long rest. In the first innings there was barely enough time to rotate the bowlers, but now Australia have dug in for a battle of attrition. Through Brad Hodge they have shown respect to the opposition attack, but refused to bend to it's will.

If you break down this test into sessions, it's been quite a contest, even today was only dominance in end results. Today wasn't exciting as far as runs (though the runs really did come in the final session) were concerned, but the tension and fight were interesting.

Its been a fantastic battle between bat and bowl till now. Its been a really long time since any team has given Aussies spare of thought at WACA.I reckon quality of SAF bowling is best in the world after Aussies,they still have to do alot in batting dept. but man.. Aussies are too good for them and they are going to crash them in 2nd inning.

Despite this innings its still Martyn for Hodge:p He made 71 i think tody, Also is Langer out for the series :'(?

As I said Australia would come back strong. Australia is now in good position to win the match. South Africa spilled some catch chances early on and had the luck against them that Ponting was caught of a no-ball, which was wrongly given.

Although Australia could have a big lead when the next wicket falls, I still want to see Symonds bat.

And the highest chased target at this ground is about 350, so not a big chance for South Africa.

SOuth Africa havn't had much luck really. I was kind of pissed off they dropped Hussey because I am sick of him having such a high average :p

Seriously though they probably blew the game. I think theres been about 6 drops.

langerrox said:
Also is Langer out for the series :'(?

That would pose an interesting decision for the selectors..... Katich or Jacques in to open? Push Hussey up to open (doubtful) and slot Martyn, Clarke back into the middle order...

langerrox said:
Despite this innings its still Martyn for Hodge:p He made 71 i think tody, Also is Langer out for the series :'(?
Get lost! :mad: I'll make sure he cana't come back........... :D ...........No more Western Australians in the Aussie Squad! :happy

Users who are viewing this thread