South Africa in Australia

And statsmagicians, how many batsmen have scored 200 or more on their maiden Test century?

sachin said:
:D ...........No more Western Australians in the Aussie Squad! :happy

:laugh You think you know your Aussie Cricketers? No more Western Australians in the squad?? What? :laugh

What about Langer, Gilchrist, Brad Hogg and Mike Hussey?:p

angryangy said:
And statsmagicians, how many batsmen have scored 200 or more on their maiden Test century?

Well for one, I know that Sir Gary Sobers was one batsman who did it, he scored 365* in his maiden test century.

Last edited:
I remember Matthew Sinclair scoring a double century in his first ever test match :D

2/55 now with both openers back in the sheds, probably the two most valued wickets. South Africans won't survive against Warne playing purely defensively as they are attempting to do at present, particularly Gibbs.

Jesus, Tony Grieg is a shocker. he just said "I'll tell you what, I hope it rains all day tomorrow."

What an asshole. Sack him.

Warne nearing 650 wickets.

Is Symonds trying to play differently in these tests? Than compared ot ODIs.

Bit like with Vaughan having a poor ODI record.

irottev said:
Jesus, Tony Grieg is a shocker. he just said "I'll tell you what, I hope it rains all day tomorrow."

What an asshole. Sack him.

I've tired of his backhanded slurs on the Aussie team for ages. I wouldn't mind if he openly expressed his objection to the way Australia play their cricket/Australia's long standing excellence, but don't feign an objective viewpoint when commentating. He jumps on the bandwagon of EVERY team Australia faces at home or abroad (his commentating during Australia's defeat at the hands of India in 2001 was laughable), and never misses an opportunity to embelish every advantage Australia has gained, and generally downplay every disadvantage.

It was good that Bill brought a little but of a venomous tone out of Greig there, made him look like the fool that he is. Greig simply has to come to the realisation that in the story of cricketing history this Australian side will be remembered as one of the best ever, and he will be merely a footnote.

Well Greig is the worst commentator in the world but you cant really blame him when his beloved side is losing and is on the brink of a defeat. Slater should replace him as he is an ideal commentator. Not very biassed and also enjoyable to hear.

Don't think they will hire Shastri and Bishop as they always have commitments overseas. Nice to see that Nine have recruited Slater for the ING games and hopefully in the future international matches. Anyways interesting that there are prospects of rain for tommorrow. Don't think it will rain too much though and wont be much play lost.

Users who are viewing this thread