South Africa in Australia

Good to see Hodge score that double ton. I do believe that shuts up some of his doubters, and I think Australia can play both Hodge and Hussey in the team, and win matches!

Actually it might rain tomorrow as it is raining heavily outside here right now and so might be raining in Perth as well being quite close and forcast for tomorrow is not good.

Perth rain is very sporadic, it buckets down for a few minutes and then the sky is blue and the rain is gone. It's very unlikely that enough of the day could be washed out to aid South Africa.

Good knock by Hodge, this will get him a few years in the baggy green. Hussey still going well too. Symonds spot is still up for grabs, for some reason he just can't hit form in the test arena.

Jacques looks a real chance for Melbourne, would be good to get another bloke into the mix. Hopefully Symonds is retained for at least the next two matches. Symonds failing again won't neccessarily harm Australia's chance of winning, but if he finds his feet similar to his coming of age in the 03 World Cup, Australia have a nice Test match weapon. Nothing really to lose, everything to gain with playing him in these next two matches.

If Jacques doesn't come in than it will be another arrogant and "not looking to the future" selection by the selectors. Symonds has to be dropped and the aussies must realise that they should stop looking for the much needed all rounder as they currently have a very much balanced team atm. They can't find a Freddie Flintoff, Dwayne Bravo or even an Irfan Pathan so they should really just wait till Watson gets back to 100% fit or play another bowler or Clarke in the team.

kodos said:
If Jacques doesn't come in than it will be another arrogant and "not looking to the future" selection by the selectors. Symonds has to be dropped and the aussies must realise that they should stop looking for the much needed all rounder as they currently have a very much balanced team atm. They can't find a Freddie Flintoff, Dwayne Bravo or even an Irfan Pathan so they should really just wait till Watson gets back to 100% fit or play another bowler or Clarke in the team.

I don't think it's a question of arrogance if Jacques misses out, if they feel he is the best man for the job he will get the nod. I for one hope he gets a crack, haven't seen much of him, but a few mates from NSW say he's the real deal.

As for Symonds, even if he doesn't prosper as an all-rounder, he has the potential to play as a batsmen who bowls a little bit. IF he is able to find his feet in the Test arena he will give Australia one of the finest fielders in the game, a destructive force at number 6/7, and handy part-time seamers/off spinners if conditions suit. I think it's worth giving him every opportunity to flourish.

And I don't think it is a 'much needed', more like a desired all-rounder. Sure if you had a bloke like Flintoff in your side that would be great, but a fit and firing four man attack will usually suffice in world cricket.

Hopefully this last day is a good one, and is decided in the final session.

I think Symonds have been given a fair amount of time already. He even said it before the windies series, he needs to perform to maintain his spot in the team and if he doesn't than he expects himself to be dropped. He's averaging a low 10 with the bat and doesn't look to dynamic with the ball. He is a fantastic one day player but just isn't adapted to the test match format. I guess the selectors will keep him until Watson is back 100% fit.

Now the only hope is that SA can only draw the match. The main batsmen have to try their best to save the match. I hope they do. Finger Cross.

Lee bowling beautifully this morning without luck, beaten Gibbs about 10 times out side off stump and has taken his edge twice. If SA can get to lunch at 2 or 3 wickets down, that would give them a great deal of confidence.

Warne :O

WOW.

South Africa are not going to be able to defend out Warne all day.

The Prince wicket may have pitched outside off but did look quite plumb live so a pretty decent decision in the end. Saffas must lose no more than 2 wickets in the next session to atleast secure a tight draw. Warne looking extremely dangerous.

This will be a great result for South Africa and the series, hopefully for their sake fighting out a draw will prove more inspirational than it did for the Aussies during the Ashes!

I was a little concerned yesterday looking at the Australian scorecard, when every batsmen makes it past 20 you know its still a very good surface. Aside from the footmarks that has proven to be the case.

Looks like a Draw. Australia arn't playing at their best.

The umpiring has been great, Doctrove mad ethat mistake with the no-ball but the others hes made have been spot on.

Users who are viewing this thread