South Africa in Australia

This is looking to be a really exciting series! Brillaint bowling by Ntini, he looked pumped today. Langeveld really isn't bowling anywhere near to his best, if he doesn't get his act together Kruger might be brought in for him.

de Villers does do much harm to himself with his front foot cut shots, gets caught behind early, or gets out hooking, he should try to restrain himself. Smith looked quite solid and set for a big score. Can't wait to see us bat tomorrow.

A great begin so far, but I reckon Australia would like to strike back after being dismissed for such a low total. Anyway since Australia has been dismissed within a day I think surely there were a result now in this match. That means no draw.

Excellent bowling by Ntini and good support provided by Nel and Pollock. South African started well with the bat. South Africa 38/0 (7.0 ov) Hope they'll carry on and build a decent score on the board.

South Africa should win the first test by the looks of the first day. If they don't it would have to be very unfortunate.

Turbanation said:
South Africa should win the first test by the looks of the first day. If they don't it would have to be very unfortunate.

Thats too early. They've just won a single day! They need to win at least 3 more days to win this test match!

Great first day for South Africa! Good aggressive batting by Graeme Smith. If South Africa can sustain this, this might even better the recent brilliant Ashes!

Australia will definatly pull back. 1 day out of 5 goes to Australia. Don't forget Warne.

"Ntini nails five as SA take charge"

Ewwwww

That's not much for Australia, I think. But I in the weekend there will be more crowd.

This is interesting. I hope they don't drop him away like Martyn.

Gilly showing signs of decline
http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17593815-23212,00.html

Gilchrist's importance to Australia is such that the only two poor series he has had in his career - against England this year and India 2001 (after his first Test century) - are the only two Australia have lost in his time.

As the summer rolls on and his form trough deepens it is clear Cricket Australia made an error in not letting Gilchrist rest for 10 days during the Chappell-Hadlee series in which he failed three times.

Last edited:
Sureshot said:
What a poor crowd, 18,000 there and hardly made a noise.

18,000 poor crowd??The capacity is about 18,500 at the WACA and only once have they had 20,000 and that was a twenty20 game. So it was a fantastic crowd considering previous years they were only about 12-13,000. 18,000 is about the same size for the one day games.

Now to Gilchrist, Even if he didn't go to the Chappel Hadlee series I still felt he would still continue his poor form. His performances against the windies were dissapointing but his spot is permanent until he retires.

And I thought I was the only person crazy enough to stay awake to see the first ball to be bowled... I sound quite sad considering I havn't slept since Thursday...

Anyway, back on the topic. Smith looked solid yesterday and in good touch he should get a good score. If AB keeps his head he should also score highly, otherwise he'll be out quickly I suspect.

kodos said:
18,000 poor crowd??The capacity is about 18,500 at the WACA and only once have they had 20,000 and that was a twenty20 game. So it was a fantastic crowd considering previous years they were only about 12-13,000. 18,000 is about the same size for the one day games.

Now to Gilchrist, Even if he didn't go to the Chappel Hadlee series I still felt he would still continue his poor form. His performances against the windies were dissapointing but his spot is permanent until he retires.

I didn't know that about the capacity. Assuming from his words I thought it was around 40.000 or more. I looked up and the capacity is 22.000: http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/content/ground/56490.html#big movie

That's a pretty big crowd there then.

Ntini's first over was a ripper but I thought Matthew Haydens wickets was softly caused by cockyness, that really set the tone for the innings

I read four of the batsmen went out because they played four pull shots. Pretty bad shot selection then at the moment they played.

South Africa at the moment 73/0 (16.0 Ovs) Runrate just under 5. But importantly the trail is cut to about 185 runs.

If South Africa keeps going like that they could build up a great lead in this day already, since there are 80 overs left today. So far McGrath is bowling good and Lee is getting some punishment.

Last edited:
Poor Binger, none for 40 odd, but at least 12 runs have flown off the edge through the slips.

Users who are viewing this thread