Ponting 71 out LBW
Hussey 23 out top edge attempting a pull shot
Hodge 41 out caught behind
Gilchrist 6 out edged to slip
Symonds 13 out chopped on to the stumps, attempting a pull shot

Sensing a theme?
Umm...your team needs a good hooker? :p :D:D

barmyarmy said:
I've heard that Warne knows the number of a good hooker! :p [/inappropriate joke]
Thousands of hookers I'm afraid Colin. :(
Back on topic folks. (as Colin has admitted, he is the cause of alot of spam :p)

The Australians are enjoying themselves now. Langerfelt is going for over 5 and a half an over now... shocking.

no hers you do put warne and Lee to number 4 and 5 seeing there the onyl middle order that can bat right now and throw in some mroe bowlers

ajay2k5 said:
As I thought would happen, we needed to stick with Martin, Clarke and Watson if he weren't injured, or if we were going to play different players make them slightly younger.
We all know how well Clarke copes with quality fast bowling- and Hodge's 41 exceeds both his Test and first class averages

258 on a good pitch is a very dissapointing effort, not so much the score as the ways in which the batsmen lost their wickets. Thought Nel was the pick of the bowlers, difficult to get away with the extra bounce.

The good thing about being dismissed with only 14 odd overs to go is that the bowlers can really tear in and attempt to dislodge one or two South Africans. After such a batting performance I think the team would be happy to go into the second innings with something like a 50 run deficit.

Those tracks next to the pitch looked terrible, what happened there?

Glad to see we're not the only ones to be able to give the Aussies a test ;)

Great day for the Saffas. They bowled pretty well and especially Ntini and Nel. Pollock also bowled well and kept one end tight. The Aussies did bat very poorly though. The Langaveldt catch probably has to be one of the worst drop catches ever. It went straight to him with no real power and he dropped it. DeVilliers and Smith looked very comfortable agains the pace bowlers. Now there is a game to look forward to and hope the Saffas don't stuff it up. I predict the Saffas need a lead in excess of 100 at least and more to 150.

Did anyone else go to the game.
I went, Pontings innings was great.
Langer and Hodge did O.K but the rest of the batsman performed poorly.

Users who are viewing this thread