South Africa in Australia

If Kallis is back than Saffas have a good chance but they need to learn how to play warne. Should be another tough contest and will be interesting to see how Jaques will play in his first test.

Come on South Africa!!!! my 2nd favorite cricket team.

I`ll say Australia will win this !

Very rarely do they lose the Boxing Day Test .

Well Ponting's unimaginative captaincy costed the Aussies the win so Warne should shut his mouth. There is another interesting article which is related to Warne from Ranatunga. The article is from SMH which is quite humorous and quite true as well:

Warne's over-rated and no role model: Ranatunga
Email Print Normal font Large font December 22, 2005 - 7:47PM

Former Sri Lanka captain Arjuna Ranatunga has slammed record-breaking spinner Shane Warne for suggesting that rivals like Muttiah Muralitharan benefited by taking "cheap" wickets.

In a massive spray at Test cricket's greatest wicket taker Ranatunga labelled Warne "overrated" and believes his record will forever be questioned due to his drug suspension in 2003.

He also doesn't want any Sri Lankan juniors to idolise the Australian because of his controversies.

"Shane tries to be larger than the game and life and expects a lot of credit for his performances. He thinks there's no better bowler than him," Ranatunga told AFP.

The Australian leg-spinner said earlier this week that his world record tallies of 651 career wickets and 90 in a calender year will not last long because other bowlers get a lot of wickets against weaker opponents.

Without naming Sri Lankan Muralitharan, his nearest rival with 584 wickets, Warne said: "There's a lot more cricket being played these days and you have teams like Zimbabwe and Bangladesh in there, with some teams playing them a lot more (than others).

"I've never played a Test against Bangladesh and only one against Zimbabwe, but there are some teams out there that play them a lot.

"Some blokes bowl at one end all day against those sort of countries and take lots of wickets. I'm sure that whoever those people are, they might get the record."

Muralitharan has taken more wickets (89) against Test minnows Zimbabwe than any other nation. The off-spinner also has 34 wickets in four Tests against Bangladesh - an average of more than eight wickets a match.

Warne will play his first two Tests against Bangladesh when Australia visit the South Asian nation in April. Sri Lanka will also tour Bangladesh in February-March.

Ranatunga, who led Sri Lanka to World Cup glory in 1996, said Warne's argument against his rivals did not stand up.

"Warne takes a lot of wickets against England, South Africa and New Zealand who generally don't play spin all that well," said Ranatunga.

"But take a look at his record against the Indians who play spin best. I am not lying, check the statistics and judge for yourself and you would know who the better spinner is."

Warne has taken 172 wickets against England, 107 wickets against South Africa and 103 against New Zealand.

But the leg-spinner has managed only 43 wickets against the Indians at an embarrasing average of 47.19 - compared to Muralitharan's 73 wickets against them.

"Warne also gets a lot of tailend wickets and I have always said that he's an overrated bowler," Ranatunga said.

"Question marks will always hover around Warne's performances. After all, he is the one and only Test cricketer banned from the game for taking drugs."

Warne served a 12-month suspension from the game after being found guilty of taking a banned diuretic ahead of the 2003 World Cup in South Africa.

"Can Warne be a role model for any youngster?" asked Ranatunga. "How many controversies he's been part of.

"Warne can never be a role model and I don't want any Sri Lankan youngsters to follow him as a role model."
.[/QUOTE]

Yeah well Warne can say all he wants, cause one day his going to be sitting all alone with a bottle of booze and will have to face all the stupid things he has said and done. Until then, I hope he continues to make a fool of himself and impress big mouths like Kevin Pietersen.

PS: his hair looks kinda cool for a 50 YEAR old man

Mate, look at his record, he can say a few things, wouldn't you, if you had 630-odd wickets in Test Matches, I suggest YOU need to shut your mouth.

Look i don't particularly like Warne but he is a great bowler.I think Murali is right up there with him as a spinner.
I saw Bucknor again today,and Greame Smith was in Yesterday too.Subway is very popular!

Warne is a great bowler, but he has had some though times agaisnt India.
Mind you his strike rate and Ave is not very good agaisnt India in both forms of the games.

Where has Muralis record agaisnt India is brilliant in tests and odis.

Last edited:
Australian players are arrogant, Warne included. What happened to them in the Ashes this year was fitting. Its ok if they are arrogant, but they can't take arrogance back. They start whining when the opposition gives them the taste of their own medicine.

Indiangod said:
Warne is a great bowler, but he has had some though times agaisnt India.
Mind you his strike rate and Ave is not very good agaisnt India in both forms of the games.

Where has Muralis record agaisnt India is brilliant in tests and odis.
Here it is----->

WARNE:
vs ENG- 172 wickets
vs SAF- 107 wickets
vs NZL- 103 wickets
vs IND- 43 wickets avg 47.19
vs BAN- Havn't played a test yet.
vs ZIM- Only 1 test so far.

MURALI:
vs BAN- 34 wickets avg 8.00
vs ZIM- 89 wickets.
vs IND- 73 wickets.

I'll update these stats later.
For now, you guys decide who's better?

hello Boys
Its HelpMan, formally known as LukedaPuke.

Gilchrist, listen Auzzie. I don't care how many wickets he has or how many women he has had affairs with it doesn't give the right to say what ever he wants. Its a question of decency and intelligence(of which he lacks)
So SHUT YOUR OWN MOUTH.

Users who are viewing this thread