South Africa in Australia

Great stuff from Hussey, hes been brilliant so far again SA and WI. I'm surprised McGrath was not out :p

ajay2k5 said:
I would not rate Ponting highly as captain either, but better than smith. I think pollock has a great head on his shoulders like his old man, he should be captain.

We need to drop Symonds, but do we replace him with a Batsman or a Bowler?
I'd give Martyn another chance, then if he fails, bring Clarke in.

We don't need an all-rounder....

ajay2k5 said:
Merv Hughes (Selector) just said he ain't in the side for his all rounder status, he is in there for his batting.

well in that case he has to go its not working

yeah martyn is someone who was always steadying the middle order but I dont think they will bring him back again for ages reasons ect

Just heard the commentators saying those two dropped catches (Ponting on 17 and Hussey on 27) have cost SA 195 runs. The catching is probably the difference between the two sides at the moment.

I can see Hussey becoming a regular in the Oz test team, no doubt.

As for Symonds... I think he'll have to go, his highest score so far is 25
from 5(?) matches, One Day cricket is best suited to him.

jdbais said:
Just heard the commentators saying those two dropped catches (Ponting on 17 and Hussey on 27) have cost SA 195 runs. The catching is probably the difference between the two sides at the moment.

Very true. If they held on to their catches they could of restricted them to 250 at most.

Lol Channel 9's satellite dropped out. Showing stupid Shane Warne highlights again which was aired last week.

Classic Australian comeback? From 248/9 to 355. And a wicket to boot. Looks like South Africa are in trouble again.

I just heard Tony Greig have a go at Ritchie for not standing up and getting excited at Devilliers 5, talk about two faced, Greig has always brought Australia down, and what not.

Last edited:
ajay2k5 said:
I just heard Tony Greig have a go at Ritchie for not standing up and getting excited at Devilliers 5, talk about two faced, Greig has always brought Australia down, and what not.

When did that occur?? I didn't hear it while i was watching the telecast. But yes Greig has been very biassed towards the Saffas this series but you would expect that as he is a former south african and want to see the Aussies get beaten at home which we haven't seen for many years. This match at the moment si very tight but Aus still have the slight edge. Good to see Kallis back and having no problems. Hopefully Gibbs can play more of his good shots and De Villiers was very streaky today. About 5 edges past warne and keeper. Looks like a very promising player though and is probably i feel the best youngster going around, alot better than Clarke and Pietersen.

Man, AB DeVilliers' innings was the ugliest I've seen in quite a while. Way too many edges over and around the slips.

This innings apart, hasn't Gibbs become much less aggressive over the last few seasons? Kinda sucks from the excited fan pov.

Yes, but the scores are there for you, AB has scored 68, 12, and 61, and is a great future in front of him. A classic Justin Langer innings, like we saw when he last played.

But better for SAF.The way he got out to Lee in Perth was aweful.Pathetic prod outside off-stump.

I don't believe he would have done so if he was more watchful.

Users who are viewing this thread