South Africa in Australia

44 run lead which is handy. The best Saffas can do now is look for the draw unless if they can somehow magically dismiss the Aussies for 200 or less. That last partnership between Hussey and McGrath could be the difference between the outcome of this game. If kallis caught hussey the Saffas will know have a 40-50 run lead.

kodos said:
44 run lead which is handy. The best Saffas can do now is look for the draw unless if they can somehow magically dismiss the Aussies for 200 or less. That last partnership between Hussey and McGrath could be the difference between the outcome of this game. If kallis caught hussey the Saffas will know have a 40-50 run lead.

funny thing is that wouldnt be a good Idea to dismiss australia out for a low total LOL gives aust time to get them all out and they become more nervous there better off wasting time let australia get a big total then bat out a draw to play in sydney

Shane Warne now needs 8 wickets in the 2nd innings to get 100 in the year, doesn't he? Too bad for the Proteas that they gave up their golden chance. I didn't watch, but from the comments, I feel that hte pitch is getting harder to bat on--?

There is a touch of variable bounce. The pitch seems to be nice and dry today, so it's playing a little quicker, a factor that helped Lee take some tremendous dismissals.

The way Hayden and Ponting are batting, though, it doesn't look too tough.

Unfortunately, is seems that SA still have some sort of psychological barrier that prevents them from beating Australia. They really are a bunch of no hopers. I don't no of any other team that has this magical ability to throw away any advantage that gets presented to them.

What an embarrassment, cant believe I stayed up till 2am only to get sucker bunched again

SAF's performance today wasn't brilliant,but all credit to Lee and Symonds!2/99 now,Ntini looks like he'll be back on soon,and Lee is going to be the Night Watchmen.

sachin said:
SAF's performance today wasn't brilliant,but all credit to Lee and Symonds!2/99 now,Ntini looks like he'll be back on soon,and Lee is going to be the Night Watchmen.

Providing another wicket falls.

WIll this be a repeat of the WACA situation?? I think the Aussies will declare before tea on this occassin if they bat for so long or may post a total which could give the Saffas some chance in the game such as 300 or 330. South Africa blew this game again but have showed signs that the Aussies are falling into the pack and England, India, SOuth Africa and even New Zealand are all teams that have threatened Australia.

No, I doubt it, The pitch is different, and will be a lot harder to save or win the match, but they do have Kallis back, so it looks set for a great game.

adthomp said:
it is a worry symonds getting that uneven bounce imagine what pollack can do later on

actully talk about dropping symonds can you guess who this all rounder is?

AFTER 5 TESTS

Bat ...150 runs at 19
Ball....5 wkts at 157

AFTER 11 TESTS

Bat....259 runs at 14
Ball....9 wkts at 58

AFTER 32 TESTS

Bat.....1293 runs at 26
Ball.....still averaging over 45

Start of batting test career

Have a guess who it is
Flintoff?

sachin said:
I doubt it.This looks like its heading for an outcome.Plenty of wickets in hand,and a lot of time should help set up an unattainable total.
I think for the sake of a contest they should try lowering the bar. Let's see what the South Africans are made of, will they try to chase 350 in a day's play?

Excellent bowling effort from the Aussies today, Lee and Symonds also being rewarded for luckless spells on Day Two.

Hopefully Symonds can make a 50 in this dig to back up his great bowling, I still think he is worth persisting with, he is a potential match winner with the bat and in the field, and is more than handy with the ball. Numerous 'experts' had written Symo off as a lost cause prior to the World Cup in South Africa, and we know how that turned out....

I don't think a draw is a possibility based upon the way the pitch started to behave today. Perth was one of the kindest fifth day pitches I've seen for a long time in terms of variations in bounce. This wicket will not only turn more as the match progresses, but will become more and more up and down.

adthomp said:
it is a worry symonds getting that uneven bounce imagine what pollack can do later on

actully talk about dropping symonds can you guess who this all rounder is?

AFTER 5 TESTS

Bat ...150 runs at 19
Ball....5 wkts at 157

AFTER 11 TESTS

Bat....259 runs at 14
Ball....9 wkts at 58

AFTER 32 TESTS

Bat.....1293 runs at 26
Ball.....still averaging over 45

Start of batting test career

Have a guess who it is
It would be Flintoff, except after 5 Tests, he had 6 wickets @ 48 and after 32 Tests he had 62 wickets @ 42.

Anyway, are you implying that we should wait 6 years for Symonds to pay off?

Users who are viewing this thread