South Africa in Australia

This match looks like a repeat of the 1st test. SA getting a good start but failing to catch up with the Aussie total. How important was the last wkt partnership for Australia!! I think that partnership could very well be the turning point of the match.

Ponting now has been given a second chance. He will tell the guys to score as quickly as possible and give SA a target close to 350 or 400 (assuming the Aussie batsmen do not fall in heaps again). He will not do the same mistake of delaying the declaration like he did in the first match which cost Australia going one up in the series. Warne and Macgill along with Symonds are going to be very tough to handle for the SA batsmen. If Australia get off to a good start tomorrow morning then I think its all over for SA.

The morning session will be very important for SA. GC Smith will try to attack in the morning trying to get quick wickets and set up the match for SA. But, if his bowlers fail in the morning session then Smith will have to weigh his options and go for a draw. He might then play defensively with spread field and negative bowling line to avoid Australia scoring fast, which would delay the Aussie declaration. Funny, how cricket and chess are so closely related. :)

Watch out for a cameo from Symonds tomorrow. I have a hunch he will explode tomorrow.

So far it has been a gripping Test series.

Last edited:
angryangy said:
It would be Flintoff, except after 5 Tests, he had 6 wickets @ 48 and after 32 Tests he had 62 wickets @ 42.

Anyway, are you implying that we should wait 6 years for Symonds to pay off?

Maybe, then you can enjoy him for all of what 2 seasons? :D

Hodge out but was a bit unlucky as the bat clipped the pad. Anyone else find Ian Healy to be one of the worst commentators in the world with Tony Greig. I must say Healy has to be the worst, he is so f***en biased towards Australia and says so many stupid stuffs. Nine should kick Healy out of the commentary team and replace him with Slater, at least he has biassed opinions.

Heres hoping Hussey makes yet another 100. With him and Hodge in our middle order more times than not one of the two of them make a 100. And hopefully Symonds finally reaches his potential with the bat.

Dissapointing to hear that Ntini is out for the match and most likely out for the third test. Huge blow there for the South Africans but they have brought in their second spinner Johan Botha.

Last edited:
Hodge and Hussey were never out, what crap umpiring. They were never edges, pathetic, umpires are handing this match to the South Africans.

Excellent century by Hayden!!! Australia lead by 263 runs with 6 wickets remaining. It's going to be real tough for South Africa to save this one unless someone plays inning like Rudolph played in the first test.

Dhoni said:
Excellent century by Hayden!!! Australia lead by 263 runs with 6 wickets remaining. It's going to be real tough for South Africa to save this one unless someone plays inning like Rudolph played in the first test.

EDIT: Symonds getting crazy! He's smashing the bowlers all the around the park. He's on 33 off 32 balls with 3 sixers and 2 boundaries. Excellent stuff by him.

Poor captaincy by Smith! Why is he bowling? He gave 18 runs in his last over with few no balls, one 4 and a six.
Is there any way to stop Symonds? He's getting crazy! Excellent inning by him so far. He scored 50 off 41 balls with 5 sixers and 2 4's.

rahulk666 said:
Watch out for a cameo from Symonds tomorrow. I have a hunch he will explode tomorrow.
Like I said, Symonds playing a cameo...

WOW...the current partnership between Symonds and Hayden if off 108 runs at run rate of 7.90. Amazing batting by those two.

Excellent batting by Symonds and Hayden. Simply brilliabt 6 hitting. Don't think this match will be a draw now. 134 overs remaining. Hearing on the radio and Kerry O'Keefe reckons the Saffas have a slight chance of winning. Saffas need Smith or DeVIlliers to make a century to have any chance of victory.

This is great. This was the Symonds I like. Not the one who defends all the time.

Target for Australia is 366 runs. Highest chased target at this ground is 332/7. And that was in 1928-1929 in match of Australia vs England.

lol i dont think they got any chnace of winning whats teh highest 4th innings total at melbourne!??? bet it isn't much!!

Gilly faild again he is having a terrible run right now

Users who are viewing this thread