South Africa in Australia

Well I think Symonds has kept his place. Which is great. Its a shame he didn't get 100. Smashed Kallis.

South Africa have really crumbled now, Warne and Symonds, the slower bowlers.

Macgill created a great stumping chance, too bad it was too good for Gilchrist to take clean.

angryangy said:
Dissapointing for you, maybe.

All i want and probably most of the other cricketing supporters in AUstralia is a competitive series. So don't say it isnt only dissapointing for me only. If this series isn't competitive than it will result like the windies series where the tv ratings were betan by MASh

Wow who is this Symonds. Getting wickets in both inns. I wish I could see what type of balls he got the wickets with. That 70 odd was the Symonds I wanted in the test side. Lets see how he goes the next match.

As for competitive summer, SA has provided that in the 1st test and 1st inns of this one. SA could draw this one but that would require a laxman/dravid like partnership which would probably actually get them an unlikely victory.
But all points towards an Aus win, hopefully with a few more Symonds wickets.

kodos said:
All i want and probably most of the other cricketing supporters in AUstralia is a competitive series. So don't say it isnt only dissapointing for me only. If this series isn't competitive than it will result like the windies series where the tv ratings were betan by MASh
Drawn matches aren't the answer either. We don't need any more cricket like the 5th day at the WACA.

sachin said:
Nah,twenty minutes befor then.Great day of play for the Aussies,especially Symo.Pity SAF couldn't dig in. :(

They Dug in, just into a Deep Hole they will have to pull the biggest miracle to get out of.

I think they were caught between agressively chasing the total and defensively retaining wickets. This had them opening their defences to some very good deliveries. In other words, by setting a target of 366, Ponting has so far retained the initiative and the South Africans have played to his terms.

The South African coack Mickey Arthur at the end of the day talked about how Warne and co. pressurises the umpire with over zealous appeals. I have to agree with him, Warne, Ponting and Lee especially. Warne's over zealous appealing with Ponting's is an embarassment to the Australian team and is getting extremely annoying. Today Asad Rauf and Bucknor did pretty well to defy Warne's aggressive appealing and action needs to be taken. Other teams receive fines because of excessive appealing and over appealing while the Aussie players get away with it. Even other Aussie supporters from here http://bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217292 feel that Warne and Ponting are pressurising the umpires.

kodos said:
The South African coack Mickey Arthur at the end of the day talked about how Warne and co. pressurises the umpire with over zealous appeals. I have to agree with him, Warne, Ponting and Lee especially. Warne's over zealous appealing with Ponting's is an embarassment to the Australian team and is getting extremely annoying. Today Asad Rauf and Bucknor did pretty well to defy Warne's aggressive appealing and action needs to be taken. Other teams receive fines because of excessive appealing and over appealing while the Aussie players get away with it. Even other Aussie supporters from here http://bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217292 feel that Warne and Ponting are pressurising the umpires.

Totally Agree, but I also find Nels reactions sometimes to be over the top.

Today Warne got the wicket of Boucher, which would of not been giving by the umpire if Boucher had not walked, and this was because of the numerous appeals by the Australian players.

But well done to Boucher, it was clearly out and he knew it, so he walked. Wish more players did that instead of shacking there head and saying no to the umpire, which I am so sick of, I have noticed the odd Australian player do it but mostly have noticed alot of the South African players do it this summer.

Gilly is good though, doesn't appeal unless its out (or so he thinks).

Lee and Ponting are shockers, Warne gets carried away but alot of his balls are definately worth a shout.

Harbahjan Singh is a shocker, he needs a rule book, always appealing for lbws that pitch outside leg stump.

Hmm Stevo even fellow Aussie supporters agree that Warne excessive appeals. Why are you feeling so emotional about my post abour Warne and co. excessively appealing. Looks like you need some tissue boxes :D. Also this has got nothing to do with the current match status as Aus are easily winning. Nel's reactions are occassionally over the top but he's a great character IMO. He has lighten up the series and provokes the crowd with his antics. He has a positive atitude and always tries his best. He has really give the Aussies their taste of their own medicine.

Hodge and Hussey's dismissels were not out today, rather poor umpiring IMO. But was the only poor umpiring of the day, but it still cost 2 men there wickets.

Personally i dont care if we appeal to much or not...

The point is, we win. So if we do that, i dont see the problem:)

And yeh i like Nel, good to see some emotion, oh wait, your complaining about emotion in cricket...so i guess hes an idiot then.

Users who are viewing this thread