South Africa in Australia

Stevo why did you delete your previous post?? Because you know you are wrong and finally faced the fact. This matter is not about the amount of appealing it is the way Warne appeals. Plus I am not talking about emotion, it is about attitude.

I didnt, the picture was to big so i found another one....

I'm sure if you were winning this test match you wouldnt be complaining!

It would be us complaining about Nel, i'd like to see him actully get in a fight with either Hayden or Symonds....

Just a little reminder, If you post the score with no other point in the post it will be deleted don't waste your time..

.::Stevo::. said:
I think kodos is Australian, and as far as I know, he doesn't play for the South African team. I haven't watched this series but I know that Asian teams frequently get pulled up for over-appealing. Remember the tour of South Africa, where one test lost its official status?

As for the comment on Harbhajan Singh, I agree! He often appeals for ones that pitch outside leg or strike outside off-stump.

sohummisra said:
As for the comment on Harbhajan Singh, I agree! He often appeals for ones that pitch outside leg or strike outside off-stump.
Yeah, but now Venkat ain't there to give him the wickets ;)

Still a great spinner though.

It would be us complaining about Nel, i'd like to see him actully get in a fight with either Hayden or Symonds....

I'd also like to see him get into a fight with them, so I can observe how he kicks the living **** out of them. Do not mess with South Africans boet.

Wow!! Now some Aussie cricket fans want a boxing/wrestling match in cricket! You never know the dumb and stupid ICC might allow Ice hockey style fighting in cricket too.

And, BTW why should Nel get into fight with hayden or Symo... why not Ponting? coz Nel will beat the bejesus out of Ponting? :D

ajay2k5 said:
Hodge and Hussey's dismissels were not out today, rather poor umpiring IMO. But was the only poor umpiring of the day, but it still cost 2 men there wickets.

Got that right, but no-one seems to care when the Aussies are on the rough end. I'm sure if Smith and Kallis had fallen in a similar manner it would be held as demonstrative of widespread Australian favouratism!

As for the appealing, if it's putting the umpires under pressure and making them more likely to rule in favour of Australia, they should look for another job. If the Australian's conduct is outside the laws of the game, the ICC should get off its pathetic *ss and take action. Simple as that. I personally don't like it when the bowler charges toward the slips and slips toward bowler, the Aussies should get a memo to cut that out. Otherwise I reckon they are entitled to appeal as long and hard as neccessary for relatively close decisions.

But again I reckon there's a bit of hypocrisy evident in getting on the Aussies case about appealing, when Nel carries on like a 12 year old and then bends over and screams expletives at the ground when he's turned down he's 'a great character' and 'good for the game', can't have it both ways lads.

Sando said:
As for the appealing, if it's putting the umpires under pressure and making them more likely to rule in favour of Australia, they should look for another job. If the Australian's conduct is outside the laws of the game, the ICC should get off its pathetic *ss and take action. Simple as that. I personally don't like it when the bowler charges toward the slips and slips toward bowler, the Aussies should get a memo to cut that out. Otherwise I reckon they are entitled to appeal as long and hard as neccessary for relatively close decisions.

I think it was doing the opposite, I mean the Boucher dismissle, I don't think the umpire was going to give it, but he walked anyway.

The main difference i feel were the dropped catches which costed them 195 runs. Great performance by aus in day 3 and 4. I wonder will the ICC take any action about Warne and Ponting's appealing as it is clearly an embarassment to what should be the greatest team ever. Even commentators on the radio suggests there should be action taken and Australia do it too often.

As expected Australia have won it. But South Africa gave a good fight and they had an opening, but they wasted it when they let Hussey and McGrath score a 100th partnership in the end of the first innings.

But South Africa is showing they're pretty close to Australia.

Mike Hussey man of the match, and did anyone see Gilly get hit near the eye with the ball?

Users who are viewing this thread