South Africa in Australia

They could have won this test if it were not for a few crucial dropped catches...Kallis dropped Hussey......Nel dropped Ponting........and i think Hayden was dropped also,again by Nel. Australia didn't drop anything.And as said above the difference bewteen the two teams is not much. A bit of Discipline and hard work in the Field.

I would say that Australia's dominance is/will slowly diminishing in the next three/four years. When the Warne and McGrath will retire, we could finally see the other Test nations getting nearer Australia. New quality batsmen has stepped in, but not in the bowling department. Unless there will come new Lee's that could be Australia's weak point.

Check out what Warne is doing here.

0,5001,5091561,00.jpg

Yeah man. In recent match againts NZ. Pointing was argueing with Billy Bowden. They are very rude. ICC should do something abt it.

Here is something interesting. Some parts of it.

The Australia leg spinner screamed histrionically all morning for decisions against the struggling Proteas before finally persuading Pakistani umpire Asad Rauf to raise his finger, reducing the tourists to 7-130 after some stubborn early resistance.

Australia captain Ricky Ponting denied any pressure had been put on Rauf of his fellow umpire Steve Bucknor from the West Indies during the charge to victory.

"I don't think there was no over-appealing," Ponting told the ABC.

"We appeal when we think someone's out, and that's the way it should be."

Warne came under heavy fire last night after an evening of heavy appeals at umpire Rauf's end.

Standing in just his fourth Test match, the Pakistani kept his cool under remarkable pressure and made a string of correct not out decisions yesterday.

This morning, he looked to be in equally good form as the tourists battled on.

But Warne's insistence eventually and almost inevitably broke his resistance and with it, that of the tourists.

As Prince deflected the ball to Hayden, Warne leapt up and ran to congratulate the big Queenslander, turning to see Rauf raise his finger.

South Africa coach Mickey Arthur yesterday hinted that he wasn't particularly impressed by Warne's antics as day four drew to a close.

But Arthur stopped short of publicly chastising the Victorian.

"To be blatantly honest I think (Australia does over-appeal) and I think they have mastered that, especially Warnie, who is a master at it.

"He has an aura about him. He is a world champion bowler. If we had guys like that we would certainly be putting the pressure on (the umpires).

"I can never say it's wrong but they do. Warnie is good value and he does put pressure on umpires but I cannot say whether that is right or wrong."

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,17690833-23212,00.html

australia wins the second test, s. africa now have to really work very hard to save draw the series.

It just shows, you have to dominate every day against Australia. The first few days were probably South Africa's but the Australians won it in the third and fourth. All 3 sessions.

South Africa really need to work on their catching.

guys i am not happy with the man of the match i think it should be matthew hayden but how the hell hussy got it it i dont understand.dam strange

It is against the spirit of the game to appeal for something you know is not out. I don't think Warney is doing that, but appealing for every possible instance you can appeal is making it quite annoying.

rahulk666 said:
Wow!! Now some Aussie cricket fans want a boxing/wrestling match in cricket! You never know the dumb and stupid ICC might allow Ice hockey style fighting in cricket too.

And, BTW why should Nel get into fight with hayden or Symo... why not Ponting? coz Nel will beat the bejesus out of Ponting? :D
Yeh mate, we need some more action and passion in cricket. A massive melee would be bloody awsome!

Think of the swinging bats and stumps being thrown, the TV rating would be skyrocketing!

And Ponting would get his ass kicked! lol I only said Hayden and Symonds because they were on strike when Nel was goin nuts.

ZexyZahid said:
I would say that Australia's dominance is/will slowly diminishing in the next three/four years. When the Warne and McGrath will retire, we could finally see the other Test nations getting nearer Australia. New quality batsmen has stepped in, but not in the bowling department. Unless there will come new Lee's that could be Australia's weak point.

Check out what Warne is doing here.

0,5001,5091561,00.jpg

ummmmmmm, getting his sunglasses????????? WTF is wrong with that? The umpires let them do it so they dont have to get them.

Last edited:
muhammad_inzi said:
guys i am not happy with the man of the match i think it should be matthew hayden but how the hell hussy got it it i dont understand.dam strange

Agree totally. Hayden made more runs. I actually thought Symonds possibly deserved it. Him or Hayden. I mean they were the two players who totally turned the game around.

Hussey is overrated already. Everyone is like WOW look at his average!!!! Hes a really promicing and talented player but he didn't deserve MOTM. People have gotten so caught up in him and people like Hayden don't get recognised because they are older, everyone expects that from them. I mean Hussey did get dropped, not taking anything away from his frantastic innings. I didn;t see Hayden get away with much.

Ona side note, the umpiring this test series has been frantastic aside from that dodgy decision given today. All the Australian's appealing would put pressure on. It was very hot. I can forgive it. It wouldn't of mattered.

Steve Bucknor is a fantastic umpire. I really respect him.

irottev said:
Agree totally. Hayden made more runs. I actually thought Symonds possibly deserved it. Him or Hayden. I mean they were the two players who totally turned the game around.

Hussey is overrated already. Everyone is like WOW look at his average!!!! Hes a really promicing and talented player but he didn't deserve MOTM. People have gotten so caught up in him and people like Hayden don't get recognised because they are older, everyone expects that from them. I mean Hussey did get dropped, not taking anything away from his frantastic innings. I didn;t see Hayden get away with much.

Ona side note, the umpiring this test series has been frantastic aside from that dodgy decision given today. All the Australian's appealing would put pressure on. It was very hot. I can forgive it. It wouldn't of mattered.

Steve Bucknor is a fantastic umpire. I really respect him.
Wtf?

Hussey got dropped but good players make em pay. Hayden and Pontings (dropped too)centuries came batting with batsmen, alot easier than Husseys task.

McGrath came in on 9/248 with Hussey on 27, he was dropped by Kallis but that was his only blemish. He went on, continuing to keep the strike and smash the ball to the boundaries. Hussey added 95 in a 107 last run partnership that put Australia back in the match.

Symonds bowled extremely well and his batting was great to watch but he wasn't under too much pressure with the bat after his bowling performance and the situation of the game.

IMO they should have split the MOTM between Hussey and Symonds. Hayden did well but Hussey and Symonds were the key factors in Australias win.

Also about the dodgy decision today. Hussey and Hodge were both given out but neither edged the ball and Prince was trapped lbw late yesterday but the umpire didn't give it and they never showed a replay.

Nobody remembers those though.

Last edited:
Oh yeah right Symonds wasn't under pressure. Australia needed more runs from someone. Symonds was under huge pressure to perform.

Hayden scored more runs then Hussey. Hayden was robbed of that one.

WHat do you mean Hussey was given out and didn't edge it?

Last edited:
irottev said:
Oh yeah right Symonds wasn't under pressure. Australia needed more runs from someone. Symonds was under huge pressure to perform.

Hayden scored more runs then Hussey. Hayden was robbed of that one.

WHat do you mean Hussey was given out and didn't edge it?
Symonds was under some pressure to perform with the bat but the actual game situation he was under little pressure to post a big score. He went out and played his natural game and performed.

Hayden may have scored more runs but Hussey's innings was a blow to South Africa, Mentally and Physically, and if South Africa only had to chase down 248 in the first innings then maybe there would have been a different outcome.

2nd innings, ball spun out of the rough, kept low. Hussey didnt edge it.

Well there were several factors that changed the match.

1. Hussey's and McGrath's Partnership, Would of never happened without McGrath, Hussey just played his usual game IMO.

2. Symonds late spell in RSA first innings, was bowling at a speed that generated a bit of swing.

3. Hayden and Symonds Quick runs in Australia's second innings put RSA right under the hammer, smashed the RSA attack all over the place, Symonds in Particular.

4. When RSA finally got settled in there second innings after a few early wickets had fallen, it was Symonds who came in and snagged 2 quick wickets to put them 5 wickets down and in real trouble, from that point onwards RSA had to pull a miracle to even get a draw.

Those to me were 4 key factors in the match, the one name mentioned so many times is Symonds, he didn't take 5 Wickets in a innings, he never made 100 but his contribution was what really turned the match several times.

So for me it's Symonds who deserves man of the match, and he also may of saved his test career.

Users who are viewing this thread