South Africa in Australia

Stefan 99 said:
It has nothing to do with rhodes. We dropped 13 catches in a adelaide test in 1997/1998 when he was in the side. The team's catching is usually very good it just seems they crumble under the pressure in aus.

Agreed, I wil ladd that Gibbs is a very good fielder.

South Africa can come close to Australia if they take almost all the catches. If they don't I don't see South Africa levelling this series. I hope South Africa win the toss and bats first. Just to make this match more interesting. And I hope Symonds do well again.

I just saw this picture. Gilchrist looks like a ghost here! Pretty scary. What does he have on his face? Suncream?

57303.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually did that on purpose to make a normal link and not a direct viewable link :laugh Just to let people don't get shocked by it and read the message first. And it's on cricinfo that picture.

Hussey is a bit scary here too. But as much as Gilchrist.

http://www.cricinfo.com/db/PICTURES/CMS/57300/57302.jpg

Michael Hussey removes his protective pads while training for the third Test at Sydney, January 1, 2006

Last edited:
squiz said:
I think you'll find Boje and Botha both play in the 3rd test, the SCG is a spinners wicket.

But the problem is that Boje barely even spins the ball :D Reminds me of Ashley Giles, I would bring Langaveldt or Kruger back in and pick Botha as I hear he is a decent spinner and can bowl the doosra.

And Graeme Smith looks more likley to take a wicket than Boje!

But there is a problem,SAF need all the batting they can get,and Boje can bat well.
I am hoping for a tightly contested Test match tomorrow,Symonds firing and no dropped catches by SAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The contests so far throughout the series has been pretty tight for the first 3 days of the test match. This series has shown that South Africa do have the potential to defeat the Aussies only if they get everything right such as not dropping catches and this series would be a good experience against warne which they will face him again after the VB series.

ZexyZahid said:
What does he have on his face? Suncream?
It's zinc cream, unlike normal sunblock, you only put it on once and you can't get sunburnt through it because it's so thick. When you sweat, and wipe your face though, it spreads.

sachin said:
But there is a problem,SAF need all the batting they can get,and Boje can bat well.
I am hoping for a tightly contested Test match tomorrow,Symonds firing and no dropped catches by SAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Botha averages 30 in first class cricket. We won't lose much in batting . Boje hasn't do much in international cricket with the bat or ball for a long while. Maybe the mathc fixing rumours have gotten to him.
:D

He should have been on this tour anyway. Botha is a much better player imho.

Stefan 99 said:
Botha averages 30 in first class cricket. We won't lose much in batting . Boje hasn't do much in international cricket with the bat or ball for a long while. Maybe the mathc fixing rumours have gotten to him.

yeap, Botha was impressive against Ind and he has got the variety.

Stefan 99 said:

Well......there is a big difference between SAF domestic league and the International scene :(

Users who are viewing this thread