South Africa in Australia

lol so arrogant. I would be looking for some feedback, too, because on first view, that looked very out. Even on afterthought, Hawkeye gave it leg stump. South Africans have had good luck in difficult conditions.

But now Smith is gone. Maybe not so lucky.

That LBW from Lee to Kallis i thought was a tight call. Because it was swinging a fair amount and may have just missed leg stump. 3 down for 100 odd, Aus used the conditions well and swinging the ball a fair amount. Kallis needs to make a big total to show that he can handle the Aussie bowlers well.

So far I've reading commentary on cricinfo. South Africa got a lot of runs with edges. McGrath bowled 12 overs in a row. :clap

Again South Africa is playing with a runrate of 3. I am surprised de Villiers was gone that quickly. Normally he gets a good score (in this series) in the first innings and goes out for a low score in the second innings.

South Africa 103/3 (34.0 ov) at tea.

I think at least three wickets will fall after tea.

Last edited:
The reason why so many runs to third man is because the ball is moving around a fair amount. The overcast conditions have favoured the Aussies and therefore more chances of a wicket.

yeah I think smith was weary of this toss didn't want to have warne 5th day but also didn't want this first day a good toss to loose

Australia really need to get them out for 230 or there abouts.

230? thats a bit low isn't it? they would be happy with 300 or there abouts

Just saw the scorecard: South Africa 130/3 (45.5 ov). 20 balls without a run. I hope Australia have a positive approach then this.

Just as I wanted to post this Kallis finally hits a four.

A piece of history here. Hussey bowled his first ever Test ball:

46.1 Hussey to Prince, no run, good ball on the stumps, defended back

But one ball later Prince hit him for four.

Last edited:
langerrox said:
230? thats a bit low isn't it? they would be happy with 300 or there abouts
Nah not really. Don't want to chase anything over 200 to win at Sydney, no matter whos spinning it.

Since I switched to the ABC commentary, I've been much happier. They're giving this the sarcasm it deserves.

1. Why has MacGill not yet bowled?
2. Why don't the South Africans like runs?
3. Why God why?

1) Well, MacGill has just started to bowl!
2) If they want to take quick runs they could be out for under 200 runs or so.
3) See 2.

:cheers

langerrox said:
oh you meant last day, i thought you meant this innings?
No i meant this innings.

Get them out for 230. Make about 420 ourselves.

They will need to make 400 to be any chance of winning. You can't win from behind in Sydney, its impossible.

I agree MacGill should of bowled alot earlier and once again Ponting saving him till late. It seems like that Ponting has something against MacGill :D because every match he has used MacGill very late. Good resillience by Kallis and Prince so far though, question is can they continue. SA need to score more than 300 to take advantage.

McGraths opening spell was fantastic. Lees was very good too. They were unlucky not to have a few more wickets.

Users who are viewing this thread