South Africa in Australia

This is joke, Take off MacGill. Nothings working for him.

Bring on Hussey again, i could feel a wicket coming last time.

Ha ha ha!Another bias Western Australian......lol
Well i like Symonds,he was bowling really well.It was good to see that long partnership between Prince and Kallis.I was afraid earlier that RSA might fall apart.

Pfft MacGill was doing nothing. Atleast they were taking on Hussey, might have stolen one like he does in the Pura Cup.

Bad last session of bowling by Australia, not a good day for the umpires either. Billy Bowden at his best though.

Its great to see some resilience from the South Africans. But in this series, just as they start to show some fight, they crumble. The morning session tomorrow is really important, I feel, if South Africa want to make a serious impact on this test match. They'll also need to score relatively quickly to ensure that the Aussies don't have a chance to just go for the draw.

McGill is overrated. If the ball aint spinning, he aint effective. Simple as that. My opinion anyway.

South Africa are doing nicely. It can all be blown in a few overs tomorrow morning though with Warne there. You do just feel they have survived the worst however. HBoepfully from an Australian point of view itll be nice and clody again tomorrow for the new ball

The AUssies won't be looking for the draw. Even if they have to chase 350 batting last. Real question is will they collapse just like every other match? I hope not and hope at least of both Kallis and Prince will post a century. Warne didn't look like turning the ball much and it seemed MaGill turned the ball even more. It is going to be a warm one tommorrow and contrary to todays conditions. Much better batting conditions tommorrow and South Africa need at least 350 to have a chance.

sachin said:
Ha ha ha!Another bias Western Australian......lol
Well i like Symonds,he was bowling really well.It was good to see that long partnership between Prince and Kallis.I was afraid earlier that RSA might fall apart.
bias west australia, weve got alot to bias about, hussey and gilly and langer...get a clue you stupid new south welshmen

Yeah i don't like New South Welshmen either(just in general......lol)......Well you shouldn't be bias because you do have a few members in the squad.No need to get abusive,especially as your a Staff Member.

Asking for Hussey to have a second bowl before Warne is total bias. Think about it. McGrath, Lee, Warne and MacGill. Next best is Symonds. The best part timer in the team is Hodge, although a couple other part timers have slightly better averages, he has more first class wickets than Hayden, Langer, Ponting, Hussey and Gilchrist combined. Granted, Hussey is slightly better on paper, though even Ponting's wickets include Jimmy Adams, Moin Kahn and Michael Vaughan, indeed to get Vaughan he bowled a 6 over spell of 1/9.

However, discussing this is only necessary if you don't see the need of utilising the world's greatest leg spinner.

langerrox said:
bias west australia, weve got alot to bias about, hussey and gilly and langer...get a clue you stupid new south welshmen
Congratulations, langerrox. All the effort you put in to get Hussey, Gilly and Langer in the team really paid off. You should be proud of yourself. ;)

South Africa have a great chance to take control tomorrow. Let's see how they handle it. HOpefully better than the last few times.

Last edited:
angryangy said:
Asking for Hussey to have a second bowl before Warne is total bias. Think about it. McGrath, Lee, Warne and MacGill. Next best is Symonds. The best part timer in the team is Hodge, although a couple other part timers have slightly better averages, he has more first class wickets than Hayden, Langer, Ponting, Hussey and Gilchrist combined. Granted, Hussey is slightly better on paper, though even Ponting's wickets include Jimmy Adams, Moin Kahn and Michael Vaughan, indeed to get Vaughan he bowled a 6 over spell of 1/9.

However, discussing this is only necessary if you don't see the need of utilising the world's greatest leg spinner.
agreed, but hussey has a knack of getting a wicket, iirc he had the best bowling average last year in pura cup, they were desperate, tommorow should be the main bowlers.

I suspect Warne and MacGill will have much more of an impact tomorrow, Kallis and Prince deserve centuries though, they have both batted well in difficult conditions and with Rudolph, Boucher and Pollock to come, 400+ is a very realistic total for the South Africans to look for.

Will be interesting to see this new spinner the South Africans have got in their team bowl, he must have something about him, especially if he's been picked over the more experienced Boje.

He looked pretty good when he played against India in India. Though, that was probably because it was a ODI match and Sehwag was dismissed early. :D

Users who are viewing this thread