South Africa in Australia

Both Australian openers gone at 35-2. Actually it was their own fault since they both hit the ball onto their own stumps.

Vital 2 wickets to South Africa yet they dropped a catch off Langer. Fortunately for them they removed Langer cheaply after. The declaration was probably a little too late but did well to take 2 wickets late in the day.

EDIT: Aus lose Hodge now on the last ball of the day. Aus in complete dissaray

Hodge is out. So far South Africa has the upper hand in this match. Great finish of the day for South Africa.

brad352 said:
Most pathetic dismissal I've seen in a long time

I agree a very stupid and A very poor shot.

Last edited:
Well this is a great contest. Well done to SA, this is great watching, I hope Gilly will return to form. Australia need it.

Wow, good bowling from South Africa at the end of the day. Let's see if they can keep up the good work tomorrow morning. Or will Ponting make another century in his 100th match?

if he does, He will kiss the crowd;) ill put vcash on that!

It's going to be so cool watching Hussey and Gilchrist bring up their centuries tomorrow ;)

Great day of play!Even though i don't like the Poms seeing we are vulnerable,my desire for a close contest is winning over.........
Lets see what eventuates tomorrow,hopefully we can see some more powerful hitting from Symonds!

Was Langevelt swinging it? Or was it edges onto?

Tough work for Aus now, but they still have batting depth, and GIlly needs to come to the party really.

Watch out for a huge partnership between Ponting and Hussey tomorrow. Australia may not be able to reach the SA score but they will score at least 350 to 400 runs.

Hayden played on, looking to drive, Langer played on looking to pull. Good bowling, a bit of movement, but possibly over-eager strokes.

For all the "contest" it was an incredibly dull day's play. Prince and Kallis batted like paint drying and of course, Kallis was impervious to lbw, no matter how plumb. Prince was only unlucky in that Hawkeye did not like the delivery. He made no effort to play a very, very good ball, where he could have feinted a pretend shot and saved himself from even the possibility of lbw. For my mind, that ball was too unpredictable to place a lot of trust in Hawkeye.

Kudos to the tail for bringing interesting batting around. It was like a breath of fresh air after spending a day being sedated by paint fumes.

Lee's charge of dissent! What ever happened to real cricket? He asked the umpire politely for feedback. The ICC really need to pull whatever bug is up their butts out. Yelling at the umpire is something, hell even sledging I will pay, but this suggests if they could stop the players disagreeing even in their own heads, they would.

Australia might have not received favorable results for their LBW appeals this match and part of the reason might have been issue brought up by SA coach Mike Arthur saying "Australia are masters in putting pressure on the umpires, while appealing". The umpires might subconsiciously be holding thier hands down as they might be fearing that a wrong decision from them might invoke a feeling that they were pressurized by Aussie appealing.

Its good to see a bowler being charged with dissent for once as only batsmen were subjected to this punishment after being given out due to horrendous umpiring.

Last edited:
Warnes appealing in the Ashes was quite funny, but Kaneria in Pakistan was just plain wrong, on one delivery he appealed THREE times on the same ball, and got away with it!

Users who are viewing this thread