South Africa in Australia

I would like to see more youth in our 20/20 team.

On getting out the tail most teams have problems getting out our tail. England, NZ and now SA. Of course Aus have their problems getting out the tail.

kodos said:
Symonds shouldn't of been out as that would of missed off stump. I don't get why the plum ones such as Hussey, Ponting and Kallis were not given but the dodgy ones were such as Prince and Symonds one are given.

The Symonds wicket was also very similar to Lara's LBW wicket in the first test where it would of also missed leg stump. Aus in trouble now. 7 down for 226

Leg Stump even, would have missed 2 stumps had you put them next to that leg stump.

I have a hunch its going to be McGrath time tomorrow morning. Watch out for McGrath to pick up 2-3 key wickets in the morning session tomorrow followed by Shane Warne to mop up the tail pretty soon. I think South Africa will set a 220-230 run target for Australia. Australia will win this match with Langer doing most of the scoring, me thinks.

Oh... and what a good performance by the skipper Ponting under pressure in his 100th Test. Well Done Ponting!

Rahul, you have a great record in predicting games. For Proteas' sake though, I hope this time you are wrong.

sohummisra said:
Rahul, you have a great record in predicting games. For Proteas' sake though, I hope this time you are wrong.
LOL... I too hope that Proteas defy my prediction or premonition whatever you may want to call it. My friends often call me "Kaali Jabaan" (black tongued) cause I often predict correctly when batsman will get out or which bowler will get a wicket. (Also watch when Shastri says that India is in driver's seat and opposition needs a wicket or two to get back into the game - A wicket falls more often than not.) My track record against Sehwag is immaculate. I am banned by my friends from watching the game when Sehwag is at crease. :D

Australia hada great comeback with Gilly :D and now only trail by about 100, but right now should be the first over but again there is rain.
Too bad for SA that this match is going to be a draw :)

From a Cricinfo article re the "racial abuse":

In the first Test at Perth, Makhaya Ntini, Ashwell Prince, Garnett Kruger and Shaun Pollock were taunted in Afrikaans as "kaffirs" or "kaffir brothers". This prompted Ali Bacher, former South African captain and chief executive, to call for life bans for offenders. In the second Test in Melbourne a man was ejected from the ground for making racist and offensive comments towards Nel

I'm not really sure how many Aussie fans know how to speak Afrikaans...

Edit:

Play's just started.

Another bad decision. Oh dear. THis is terrible. The West Indies games umpiring was shocking and this match has been worse.

Infact its hard to know whic h umpire has made the worst decisions. Dars on Symonds yesterday was probably the worst.

The commentators were chatting before the match about the umpires. They definatly needs more pay, less traveling and less workload. ICC need to do something about it.

Dar has had much worster game than Bowden. But the Smith one was a schocker with Hussey and Symond's one yesterday. SOuth Africa on top now thanks to some great belliegerent and audacious batting by Gibbs. Great to watch Gibbs smashing some fours. But few quick wickets can bring Aus back in the game and Aus will be praying for rain. :D

lol worster game love that word

i missed Smith dismissal shouldn't it have been out?

It was all good apart from the fact that it was going over by quite a margin. It hit above his knee roll. I mean SMith was pretty far back and the appeal was pretty loud. But it wasn't the best decision.

Whats new, I'm not surpised at all. The umpiring decision all of last year was crap. The new year has done nothing for umpiring standards.

Anyway good 50 by Gibbs, he has put SA slightly on top but Aus still have to use their leg spin duo. :D

Well it seems the rain will lead this test match to a draw and Australia will take the series 1-0. Nice effort by Gibbs to revive SA's hopes.........

Users who are viewing this thread