South Africa in Australia

Even more disgrace by the umpires. It is not raining and the light seems pretty good and yet no play till another half an hour. Absolutely ridiculous and fortunately I didn't go to watch the game today at the SCG as I would of been ripped off.

kodos said:
Even more disgrace by the umpires. It is not raining and the light seems pretty good and yet no play till another half an hour. Absolutely ridiculous and fortunately I didn't go to watch the game today at the SCG as I would of been ripped off.
Have you ever actually watched cricket before?

Jarryd said:
Have you ever actually watched cricket before?

My comment is purely based on the views of the spectators and viewers. There could of been play half an hour before but the umpires were ridiculous and took an hour to finally make a decision.

Bowling O M R W
McGrath 11 2 41 1 (1nb)
Lee 10 3 48 1 (1nb)
Warne 0.1 0 1 0 (1w)

Bowlers seem to be expensive...so far...SA needs to play fast and get score close to 300-350 and then declare ...they need to win this match otherwise they will lose series..

haha Kallis is such an idiot
so selfish only bats to protect his average
bad luck to gibbs probably would have won them the game

I agree with the Commentars. Theres been too much skrewing around and ther ecould of been more cricket played today. THe Umpiring and Match Refereeing roles need to be addressed. Fully agree with it all.

What a poor call by the umpire, Dar, I think, that was not a wide.

Kallis has to be one of the worst players to run between the wickets with. He ran out 2 players during the World XI match if I remember rightly.

Anyway it is a damn shame about the weather. A result would of been nice. I really do respect the teams for wanting to play, even the Australians who only need to draw.

Really weird Sydney weather lately. On New Year's day it was 45 degrees than the next few days were rainy bar the second day of the test where it was sunny. The weather forecast for tommorrow is also not too flashy. Showers and late thunderstorm.

Most likely this match will result in a draw now despite SA on top. Even if SA do lose this series 1-0 I reckon they haven't done too badly in this series apart from their drop catches. If they could rectify that area of their game and remove the tail enders cheaply than they could seriously beat Australia back home.

I agree Kallis is very slow to call and like what the commentators said, he was half asleep. Plus he struggles a lot out there, whereas Gibbs played some cracking shots.

Gibbs was good to watch. It was a shame it ended just as it was beginning.

Whatever the result, I feel South Africa put up a good fight at times. They were let down in a few areas and when playing Australia you really can't afford to be let down by anything, especially not catching.

There will be no way SA can win.
Firstly a lead of 170 is just not enough to declare straight away. They'd have to make at least 80 runs to get a lead of about 250 and hope they get a few overs before lunch, but then they get about 60 overs to bowl Australia out which would be to hard and they have to avoid rain/bad light.
Maybe SA will have better luck at home.

kodos said:
My comment is purely based on the views of the spectators and viewers. There could of been play half an hour before but the umpires were ridiculous and took an hour to finally make a decision.
There could even have been more than an hour if the umpires were a bit impetuous. Enough with charging players for dissent, can we charge the umpires for stalling the match?

Users who are viewing this thread