South Africa in India

What's your problem with dravid? This is test cricket, dravid has every right to bat slowly. There's no reason for both batsmen to attack and get out. He's the anchor, just in case something goes wrong.

Well I haver never said that Dravid would had attack..My point was If he plays the normal test cricket where on these type of Pitches Batsman with Class of Dravid must have score at least with Strike Rate of 60....

Don't think that I have problem with Dravid..I love him most..I have fought for all senior players in all threads..But Its not time for Dravid to prove things..Our bowler must need some time on this pitch to get 10 wickets…When batting is easy in compare to bowling then Why our Batsman can’t do little favor for our Bowlers..

Last edited:
Hail Sehwag.:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise

hes also not in form. He's just taking the flat deck and sehwags mastery to
His advantage to play into some form.

Man the JAT is on fire.Blame the pitch for such huge scores.However,to score 300 is no mean feat. I'm guessing Sehwag will smash the World record.

Ya Its not the case of one good knock...Sehwag has high average of 50s in test cricket..and he has done this second time....Time returns for Sehwag and For India...
I personally feel very disappointed if He won’t pass 400..

I don't have any problem With dravid but do have problem with his Strike rate..
You suppose to play slow in test cricket don't mean everytime you play slow..Pitch was fine today to bat and Bowling was also Average...There was not any reason to defined his Strike rate..
Nobody has restricted him to score.. He has wasted valuable balls?If he would had score even with strike rate of 60-65(Which suppose to be Ideal on this Pitch)then We would ahead of South Africa?s total..
He was not playing in Perth where these type of Strike rate is understandable..
Neither He came after the loss of 5 wickets where He has needed to save wickets..

he took the majority of the strike and frustrated the south african bowlers. i thought it was a brilliant innings, and was exactly what sehwag needed at the other end. a cool head.

when sehwag got on strike, he was facing annoyed bowlers who were slightly erratic, and thats due to the wall blocking like a mad man.

excellent innings for the day, but he needs to step it up tomorrow, no doubt.

I don't have any problem With dravid but do have problem with his Strike rate..
You suppose to play slow in test cricket don't mean everytime you play slow..Pitch was fine today to bat and Bowling was also Average...There was not any reason to defined his Strike rate..
Nobody has restricted him to score.. He has wasted valuable balls?If he would had score even with strike rate of 60-65(Which suppose to be Ideal on this Pitch)then We would ahead of South Africa?s total..
He was not playing in Perth where these type of Strike rate is understandable..
Neither He came after the loss of 5 wickets where He has needed to save wickets..

That is really very very critical. See,in Test cricket,it doesnt make sense for both batsmen to attack simultaneously.One has to hold fort and Dravid has always batted like that.
Another-why attack only Dravid ? Why not Jaffer ?

Dravid played the perfect supporting partner to Sehwag. Just think what would have happened if the players at the other end just perished trying to match sehwag.Overall a runrate of 4+ is not that bad in test cricket.You need to have a balance of risks.

Dravid will always play like this. .some of you guys are so critical. .omg. .Dravid has always been like this. .doesn't matter what sort of pitch it is. .

If it wouldn't have been Sehwag at the other end. .nobody would have complained. Only Sehwag can play like Sehwag. .and that makes everyone else look like a slow player.

I am thinking for more from sehwag i.e. 500.

If that happens, India will have close to 900 on the board.
468+200=668
Plus contributions from Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Dhoni, Kumble. (If needed=~250
668+250=918

Should we go for 1000?

Wow.

Wow.

I am in awe. I don't know how long it can last.

Wow.

If it wasn't for damn school I would've watched it live. I wet my pants just watching the highlights.

Hopefully, we'll see more from Sehwag tonight.

Last edited:
Should we go for 1000?

Why not??

If it wasn't for damn school I would've watched it live. I wet my pants just watching the highlights.

Hopefully, we'll see more from Sehwag tonight.

You can officially bunk the School for Cricket Bro..Lol..

That is really very very critical. See,in Test cricket,it doesnt make sense for both batsmen to attack simultaneously.One has to hold fort and Dravid has always batted like that.
Another-why attack only Dravid ? Why not Jaffer ?

I Never Said that Both Batsman would had attack...You can play normal test cricket with Strikr Rate of 60...Its not How Dravid always use to play???Its about what was condition demanding??

Anyway We'll see How much time our bowlers will get???

Last edited:
Something tells me the pitch is far too flat and this is going to be a draw.

I hope Sehwag doesn't beat Lara's record. He's really no where near the caliber.

Users who are viewing this thread