South Africa in India

If Sehwag tries his best he can reach 400 runs before lunch, although that would be difficult.

Hes scoring 80-100 runs per session. So not impossible. :upray

Dude.
ITS TEST CRICKET.

Had it been a deadly track then yes but even a 5 year old wont get out on that pitch. Dravid should retire gracefully now I think.

Last edited:
Rohit, Sid has an argument. Dravid has been pretty bad in recent times in test matches. He has been struggling to score runs in recent times in international matches. He struggled to score runs in Australia and I thought it was under preparation and alien conditions. But having had a good rest (not playing the ODI's, playing the Deodhar trophy where he scored a hundred and fifties), you should expect him to at least score at a strike rate of 50+.

But the way he started off his innings and took that much time to get some runs going was awful. He struggles so much now that he has totally become selfish and looks like he is trying to concentrate on playing himself in by just staying at the crease. His game is almost in shambles. I guess the retirement for him is impending. But if he can get back up, good for India and him.

Rohit, Sid has an argument. Dravid has been pretty bad in recent times in test matches. He has been struggling to score runs in recent times in international matches. He struggled to score runs in Australia and I thought it was under preparation and alien conditions. But having had a good rest (not playing the ODI's, playing the Deodhar trophy where he scored a hundred and fifties), you should expect him to at least score at a strike rate of 50+.

But the way he started off his innings and took that much time to get some runs going was awful. He struggles so much now that he has totally become selfish and looks like he is trying to concentrate on playing himself in by just staying at the crease. His game is almost in shambles. I guess the retirement for him is impending. But if he can get back up, good for India and him.

Maybe he didn't need to score at a fast rate. We still went 4.5 runs per over, thats awesome in test cricket.
He's in bad form. He's trying to play into some sort of form. Can't you guys see that? He's played the perfect supporting role, all you guys want from your players are hard hitters and rock stars and all that.

Its getting boring. I like Dravids play because its not demoralizing the opponent by slamming them all over the park, but by blunting their attack, picking the bad balls and hitting them away. The way test cricket is supposed to be played.
And considering his ODI average is only 60 I don't know how much more you can expect.

Sehwag gets a run of the first ball of the day and has now reached his highest Test score.

Also Dravid needs only 15 runs to get 10.000 Test runs.

Last edited:
Sehwag should just go on till lunch. If he does, he will be there close to 380-400. Dont think of the record, think of playing out the overs.

Easier said, but this should be what Sehwag should think of.

It seems India is concerned about breaking the record instead of winning the match. In such a position they should attack, if they want to win the match.

Sehwag is out for 319 runs.

Last edited:
well what a knock by sehwag he doesnt play for records he plays his normol game and plays for team not for the records

Sehwag falls for 319. :( Still an absolute treat of an innings. Showed that he wasn't playing for the record, after all.

It seems India is concerned about breaking the record instead of winning the match. In such a position they should attack, if they want to win the match.

Sehwag is out for 319 runs.

How did you come to such an assumption?

The way Sehwag tried to flow today, it showed he played his natural game and didnt seem too concerned about that record.

Dravid really should change his approach at this stage. Maybe they could have promoted Dhoni to get some quick runs. After lunch it will probably rain and the pitch will change.

ya but dravid is so slow he got so much stike where sehwag didnt get that much strike thats the problem with dravid when he is struggling he doesnt rotate the strike either

How did you come to such an assumption?

The way Sehwag tried to flow today, it showed he played his natural game and didnt seem too concerned about that record.

I am talking about Dravid's batting. They are only 59 runs behind with 8 wickets left and he is still defending.

agian another maiden this is terrible india need to score quick runs if they need to win this test match and put south africa under pressure and he is playing for himself not the team

Users who are viewing this thread