South Africa in India

Sehwag and Tandy gone. Dam!

Off topic-Does Yuvraj remind anyone of Akshay Kumar?

On the same off topic - YES, he has been reminding me for quite sometime about Akshay Kumar, in the looks. Why do you suddenly ask this?

Nice delivery from Harris. Gangsgone.

On the same off topic - YES, he has been reminding me for quite sometime about Akshay Kumar, in the looks. Why do you suddenly ask this?

Did you see Chak De Yaara with Sharukh Khan and the bunch of Indian and Pakistani Cricketers? Yuvraj Singh did an impression of Sharukh in Devdas, he looked and sounded a lot like Akshay acting.

Last edited:
Ganguly GONE!!

This tells me something that the wicket for today and tomorrow might be much more helpful to the bowlers than what it has been in the last three days. The wickets have come faster today, and the scoring rate for the session has dipped a lot (3.28 runs now when Ganguly got out).

I feel India need to score as much runs as possible, and should go all out now. They are the only team that can win this match from here on (unless a miracle happens).

Ganguly GONE!!

This tells me something that the wicket for today and tomorrow might be much more helpful to the bowlers than what it has been in the last three days. The wickets have come faster today, and the scoring rate for the session has dipped a lot (3.28 runs now when Ganguly got out).

I feel India need to score as much runs as possible, and should go all out now. They are the only team that can win this match from here on (unless a miracle happens).

On that note, I think that if India had batted first, we'd be in a more comfortable position. Winning the toss was pretty important. It's going to be pretty hard to go for victory from here.

GEEZZZ...typical indian progress...same old same old...i hate it!!! after blazing start the middle order faded it away and run rate has dipped due to this poor selfish player DRAIVD...they shoudl go crazy and score like ODI if not T20...make the game out of it...india can't lose so lets give somting for the people who can to watch..

Dravid gone now. Dhoni should hopefully provide some fireworks to build our lead quickly.

I believe the new Dhoni coupled with Kumble's captaincy could prove to be the opposite of what you hope. Inspite of being in the lead, he has not started firing yet.

Hope the home captain now fires soon (Dhoni - Chennai SuperKings!)....

I think Harris needs to be called for negative bowling. If you're not good enough to pitch near or on the stumps then your captain'd best take you out of the attack.

LOL. Steyn celebrating Harbhajan's wicket as if he just picked up Tendulkar or Dravid. :p

Last edited:
Inspite of picking up 3 wickets for 9 odd runs from 26 balls, Harris keeps bowling that negative line outside leg stump.

I feel this will suit India (to get all out) and have South Africa bat as early as possible. If South Africa wants to go for a result, they have to bat at a really fast pace and thats not easy on this Day 4 pitch (Sehwag, Sachin, Dhoni, Ganguly all got out going for their shots). I wish SA bat soon after tea. It will become more interesting. The new ball gives some help to the bowlers. There is turn from the wicket particularly from some of those rough patches.

Laxman is bad with the tail. He takes a single first ball and leaves Kumble, Bhajji and the like to face the rest. Kumble and Bhajji might have some runs in recent times but when the opposition are bowling really well and you need quick runs, the main batsman has to farm the strike and look to score fast. But Laxman is not doing it.

Agreed ^ He's a good bowler though. I'm kinda annoyed Ntini got wickets. I'm not a Ntini fan and I think he's on a downward slide.

Hmmm how did I know you Indian fans would take what I said (the whole sehwag 400 thing) the wrong way. I never talked down Sehwag. Sounds like a pretty good knock to me. He deserves his success. I just was hoping one of my favorite batters kept his record is all.

Good work by South Africa so far on Day 4. But India have a decent lead. The problem for South Africa is that the lead is a bit small and could possibly interest them into thinking that if they score really fast for two sessions, they could set India a target that would be tricky for the final two sessions of this test match. Graeme Smith is that type of captain who might be interested in taking that risk.

Just my guess. Lets see what happens. Could still be an interesting test match.

Absolutely gutted with Laxman. On a good wicket also, he doesnt know to hit some aerial shots? When we need quick runs, he has to bring it.

The lead would usually be huge, but seeing the first innings scores it seems like not a lot. Sounds like the ball is spinning and bouncing a bit, so India with two spinners have a good shot.

Smith is already taking India to the cleaners!

Why did RP play this game? How did he pick 5 wkts in that Deodhar trophy match? He looks horrible of the worst category. No pace, nothing.

We need Ishant and Zaheer. Else our fast bowling attack looks toothless. RP can only pull it off on helpful pitches.

Users who are viewing this thread