South Africa in India

We need Ishant and Zaheer. Else our fast bowling attack looks toothless. RP can only pull it off on helpful pitches.

It is not a coincidence either, RP Singh simply lacks the consistency to probe away at a good line and length on flat pitches. I don't think that Zaheer is the solution to India's problems as he is not so flash on flat pitches either, but he is certainly a step up from these two.

News is that Ishant is declared fit for the second Test. Who, out of RP, Sreesanth, Praveen Kumar, VRV Singh or Irfan Pathan, gets the other place is anyone's guess.

IMO it should be a straight swap. RP and Sree for Zaheer and Ishant.

Brilliant first ball from Bhajji, pitch looks good for spin, can't wait for Jumbo's 1st over

Ganguly is looking good with his Medium Pace.

Last edited:
It is not a coincidence either, RP Singh simply lacks the consistency to probe away at a good line and length on flat pitches.

As if he was too impressive in Australian series. :rolleyes: Except that T20 series, he always look to me as below below below average bowler.

Bring both the spin twins on! Jumbo and Bhaji can do tricks in Day 4/5 here ;)

Yes Bhajji! Smith Gone - I say just keep bowling Jumbo at the other end.

Well Its look like another Draw..South Africa have Started well in 2nd inning also..Batting still likes easy on this Pitch..Bhajji and Kumble bowling well though..

As if he was too impressive in Australian series. :rolleyes: Except that T20 series, he always look to me as below below below average bowler.

He was very impressive in England though, but notice how his good performances were mostly with the old ball.

Well Both of India spinners are Bowling well..But I think Amla is set for another go here..He fall in love with this pitch...MsKenzi also playing well..Now Suddenly in Second Innings South Africa also Playing with nice Run rate…

Well Jaffer just missed an easy chance, he would have caught it if he was bending down.....these are moments which can change matches...

The captains shoudlbe able to call the match a draw now because we all know the outcome of this match...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Very Balance day for both the Teams...India did well in Morning session..After that Styen had some good time…..
In last session South Africa have batted well..It will be draw but Match has not been totally boring as generally Draw matches tend to be…
Hope Amla will go for another ton there…(For my FC game sorry but lol…..)

good job by Ntini to get the key wickets, he made it easy for the other bowlers to pick up wickets after he removed Sehwag and Tendulkar and later on Dravid. This guy has been a horse for South Africa over the years just bowled bowled without getting allot of credit in my opinion, he always went under the radar.

If we can restrict Saffers to a lead of 300, I think Sehwag can chase that down in two sessions.

Yawn, today was just boring. This test has been boring, to be honest, yes, there have been tremendous shots played, but it's just runs after another.

I hope there are more balanced pitches for the latter part of the series.

I don't think Smith is going to throw in a sporting declaration. The Saffas have traditionally been a much more defensive team and a draw in India is as good as a win for them.

Users who are viewing this thread