South Africa in India

Just seen the scorecard, blimey, looks like the Indian's need to remember they aren't playing in ICL or IPL :p

We have proved we are the champions of T20 Cricket...:D

All out in 20 Overs :)

what the hell happened today, i was watching a bit of baseball last night and went to bed just befour the test started, got up this morning and was expecing to see another boring run fest and was shocked to see the indian score lol.

at lease this game may get a positive result now but surly the pitch cant of been doing that much!!!

If a similar batting collapse occurs in the second innings, Karthik or Badrinath need to get a look-in in the next test.

I think that the problems lie with the openers. Them falling early exposed the middle order to the new ball, from which most of the wickets came. Sehwag is just coming off a 150 and 319 and so I say (for the 200th time) that Jaffer must be dropped for Chopra, Gambhir or Karthik.

The simple fact is and Dale Steyn stated it in an interview after the game, India just don't have a gameplan. You just go out there and bat. If you lose two or three wickets early, only Rahul Dravid has any idea of what to do and the application needed to do it. It's unfortunate for India that he got a jaffer today because with him there to steady things you could have crawled to 150 even 200 if someone else showed any kind of application.

Added to the fact that only Dravid and Pathan (Who was not out) didn't give their wickets away. The rest of your batsmen played awful shots in situations that needed them to try and stick around, if only for an hour.

Added to the fact that only Dravid and Pathan (Who was not out) didn't give their wickets away. The rest of your batsmen played awful shots in situations that needed them to try and stick around, if only for an hour.

In his defense, Sreesanth got a pretty good ball.

Fair point, but it was incredibly stupid batting ahead of him that left him being in the situation he was.

Sehway has some defence because that's just how plays. He hangs the bat out and he either hits it or he doesn't. It either goes for four, he missed it or he plays on. It's always been the way he plays and always will be.

I didn't catch Jaffer's dismisal I just missed that on the highlights.

As we've been over Dravid got a jaffer.

Ganguly's was pathetically tame. He had no reason to a) play at the ball at all and b) just hang the bat out with no conviction. I would have thought someone who's played cricket as long he has would know that when Ntini bowling from a ridiculous angle which will always push it across it and moving it off the seam away from then playing outside your off stump isn't a clever idea unless it's a half tracker.

Laxman's was dreadful as well. Sorry, but played international cricket for at least 5 years non? Why do you leave a ball that will nip past your stumps from a usual bowler from one who as I said brings it in a mile from his angle and is seaming it in.

Less said the better about Dhoni's shot. Dreadful, but again that's how he plays. Similar to Sehwag but I bet Dhoni copes more flack.

No point talking about the bowlers.

We have proved we are the champions of T20 Cricket...:D

All out in 20 Overs :)

But that was not a good Score in 20 over 76/10....Lol..:p

One the Most terrible day For Indian test Cricket..Well I am not surprised because I am gonna see these type of more performances after 3 seniors...:p

I didn't catch Jaffer's dismisal I just missed that on the highlights.

You can work it out. It is Jaffer so it was in the corridor. It was caught behind so he tamely left his bat out to an outswinger.

Better I say Jaffar was blind towards Bowl..His eye was not on Bowl till end..neither He has played with that soft hand which he should be in Defensive Shot.

Jaffar has again proved that He can't resist against Good Bowling..

You can work it out. It is Jaffer so it was in the corridor. It was caught behind so he tamely left his bat out to an outswinger.

How many times has he gotten out like that? Throughout the Australian series he was out in the method you just stated or bowled.

Karthik won't get a look in, so Ghambir will probably be the replacement.

We can't trust our selectors.

Ohhhh, I just came back from the shopping mall and I was expecting a headline like 'Harbhajan 9-fer evens out dramatic first day' on Cricinfo...

Oh well...

Harbajan of all people? :p

Last edited:
Less said the better about Dhoni's shot. Dreadful, but again that's how he plays. Similar to Sehwag but I bet Dhoni copes more flack.

No point talking about the bowlers.

First of all Nice Post..
Dhoni has played dreadful shot but He can't play it every time...
Thing which I want to argue that Sehwag also play same his Natural game but He is far more better in shot selection and Footwork..
Dhoni has so much comment about Responsibility and players role.I thought that was the proper time to prove things.I am not saying Dhoni is responsible for India's total or only He has played irresponsibly.But You need to score when You expected to.Still No offense I am not against the Dhoni But Shot which he has played was purely technically weired and irresponsible.

Harbajan of all people? :p

He was bowling excellently today, pick of the bowlers by a long way because the rest were simply crap...

I tihnk Pathan should have opened the bowling, he came on when the ball had been smacked everywhere,therefore the ball had no swing and therefore he couldn't trouble the batsmen...

Well Sanjay Bhai RP was waste today..
I don't understand team management when they knew RP is in por form they would had give him rest for Couple of Match.Kumble is surely looks Unfit.There must be some criteria to play,Beyond Fitness test.Nobody wants to sit out and Everybody wants to play for their Country but Its not worth until you can't give your 100%.
Bhajji has surprised me because He has taken wickets at right time.He worked Hard.I think P Chawla would have make difference because Kumble is not Fit.RP is not in Form.And Srisanth never can change the Game.So Bhajji bowling alone and Bowling Pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread