South Africa in Pakistan - 2007

Two test series are reserved for teams like Bangladesh...at least 3 tests for teams as evenly matched as these. I expect Pakistan to come away with a series win in both forms, South Africa don't cut the mustard away from home.
2 Test series are actually quite common.

South Africa lack variety, so there are lots of pitches that don't suit them. They can't turn to off-spin, leg-spin or a hellish roaring paceman to change the tempo of the game and take the initiative. I don't even know of any prominent South African left arm pace bowlers.

hello

Who is the new coach of Pakistan????

adamwilson

Last edited by a moderator:
The new coach of Pakistan is Geoff Lawson. And this series comes one week after the Twenty20 World Cup has ended. So the schedule isn't great for both countries.

It's not bad thought. Neither of you have really played for a prolonged period since the WC. So your players should be raring to go.

With two teams as closely matched as each other I'm surprised its only a two match series. Both teams hve an excellent bowling attack and both rely heavily on particular batsman to score. Pakistan (Yousuf and Younis Khan) South Africa(Kallis, Prince and Smith). I'm going for Pakistan in tests and South Africa in the ODI's

I don`t think SA have the bowling to trouble the batsmen on the flat tracks.
SA could not beat India on those helpful Irish tracks, I doubt they have the variety to trouble the Pakistan batsmen on the flat tracks.
And trust me, these pitches in Pakistan are as flat as they get.

i would expect Kaneria and Asif to dominate on the pakistani pitches in tests, Kaneria gave SA a hard time in South Africa and with spin friendly pitches in Pakistan id expect him to have a good series.

Pakistan promise high security to South Africa-September 16, 2007

Cricinfo said:
The two-man official team from South Africa visiting Pakistan to assess the level of security ahead of the Test and ODI series next month was promised full and foolproof security for the visiting team.

Goolam Raja and Sean Gallaher, the two officials, were at Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore, on Friday and visited National Stadium in Karachi on Saturday as part of their two-day trip, which was termed routine by both sets of officials. They were briefed by the home secretary of Sind province on the security situation in provincial capital Karachi.

"I have no doubts that Pakistan will provide us with the needed security and, God willing, everything will be alright," Raja said. "It is difficult to say about our final assessments now but we will submit a report to Cricket South Africa and hope everything will be in place for the tour."

Zakir Khan, the Pakistan board's director of cricket operations, said he was confident that the current situation will not affect the forthcoming tour. "A professional security plan has been put in place for the South Africans and they were briefed. We hope everything will take place accordingly and we hope to have a good cricket series."

The South Africans play a warm-up match in Karachi from September 27 while the first Test starts on October 1 in the same city.

Cricinfo.

Wonder if they dare select Nazir for test matches. If not, who plays? Hafeez is going to struggle big time IMO... I can see Salman getting a recall, but who will partner him? Afridi? :D

could be Yasir Hameed, Salman Butt is gona be there for sure he needs a chance in test and ODIs hopefully he does good in these 2 tests.

Users who are viewing this thread