South Africa in Pakistan - 2007

also remember that last year asif single handedly carried pakistan in south africa.
danish wasnt getting wickets cos of akmals keeping and gul was injured.
akhtar came back for 1 match and took 4 wickets to set pakistan on their way.

this time he has gul for support and danish playing on home pitches so he probs wont need the keeper to help him.

I think they should pick Afridi for test because he is a great bowling
and he can be good with the bat in test

Doesn't matter if they pick him, he's already said that he wants to concentrate on Ramadan for the rest of the month.

Afridi shouldn't be playing test cricket at all, just because his bowling was effective in T20 that means very little when your playing in test cricket. Of course if your playing on a dead pitch play him because it's good to watch :p

Oh and South Africa have dropped Pollock, interesitng.

Pakistan squad: Shoaib Malik (capt), Salman Butt, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Kamran Akmal (wk), Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Danish Kaneria, Faisal Iqbal, Yasir Hameed, Taufeeq Umar, Abdur Rehman]

From this I would pick:

Taufeeq Umar
Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Shoaib Malik
Mohammad Yousuf
Misbah Ul-Haq
Kamran Akmal
Abdur Rehman
Umar Gul
Danish Kaneria
Mohammad Asif

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't pick Tanvir or Alam. :(

well.. Faisal Iqbal is worse.. not playing shoaib is worser.. dunno if there is a word for it.

Pakistan squad: Shoaib Malik (capt), Salman Butt, Mohammad Hafeez, Younis Khan, Mohammad Yousuf, Misbah-ul-Haq, Kamran Akmal (wk), Mohammad Asif, Umar Gul, Rao Iftikhar Anjum, Danish Kaneria, Faisal Iqbal, Yasir Hameed, Taufeeq Umar, Abdur Rehman]

From this I would pick:

Taufeeq Umar
Salman Butt
Younis Khan
Shoaib Malik
Mohammad Yousuf
Misbah Ul-Haq
Kamran Akmal
Abdur Rehman
Umar Gul
Danish Kaneria
Mohammad Asif

I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't pick Tanvir or Alam. :(

i like that squad but i would just switch Yousuf and Malik have Yousuf at 4 Malik at 5, also im a bit worried that there is no good 3rd option for a fast bowler. i kno that a spinner is more useful but if someone gets hurt what do you do.

also im interested to see kamran akmal play he has been below average in tests lately.

Yeah for half a test match than we basically play the other half with 10 players.

Sad to see Faisal in and Fawad not given a go. I'm so disappointed with that.
thats the thing,
he only needs half a match to win you the match

against south africa even though he played for only 1 innings he won us that match with his 4 wicket haul

and we all know shoaib has a very good record against south africa so he should be played against them no matter what

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread